Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you guys probably see 50 of these a day and i have done a search and cant find excatly what i need so i will ask the question

i just bought a set of rim 18x10 in the back and 18x9 in the front and i looked at the wheel fitment chart in the tech section and it says that i sound run 285/30 in the back. i have a good deal on tires but they are 285 35 int he back do you guys think that will rub with a 1" drop???

thanks Mike

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are right i know what the offset should be but i dont know about the tires. and yes most of the people ask about the offset i am not i m asking about the tire size and if it will rub

mike

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hellbringer2572 said:
you are right i know what the offset should be but i dont know about the tires. and yes most of the people ask about the offset i am not i m asking about the tire size and if it will rub

mike
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike,
According to this site: http://www.mkiv.com/tmp/Fitment.xls
they will work. I am not sure how much the 1" drop will hurt.
I had VOLK 18X10 wheels and 1.5" drop with the 285/30/18's
and they had good clearance. Are your rear lips rolled?
Wayne

·
Registered
234 Posts
From what I've read in the past 285/35 with a lowered car tend to rub sometimes on a bump in the road.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The offset will make a huge differance in what you can run for tire size. I rub on stock fenders and lowered suspension with 285/35/18 (it may be 285/30 actually) with a +36

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the rim i have are a +45 offset which is what the wheel fitment guide says it should be.

supra 180
a 295 is going to be worse then a 285 due to it being wider and the 30/35 is the percentage of the width so the hight of the tire is going t be greater due to the bigger width.

Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
is that with or without denders rolled? how about a 295 ?
Without. A 295 is a larger tire

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Gadfly, you got any pics? I'm thinking of running the same size tire and want to see how they look. What width are your wheels? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts