Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is taylor, and i am thinking about selling my 800 hp evo to start a crazy e30 build my girlfriend has a supra and her car has got me thinking along the lines of 2jz instead of 4g63 lol any ideas or suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
11,560 Posts
No need for a 3.4L in an E30 but I do love how crazy the results would be!

IMHO, get a swap together on the stock 2JZ-GTE 3.0L block, get the whole swap sorted out with a moderate sized single turbo and fuel, then enjoy mid 600's all day long on the stock longblock in that E30.

Then, later on, if you decide you need more...... There's a nice simple path up from there!

Honestly though, having driven a 400whp E30, I'm sure that mid 600's in an E30 would be MORE than enough!

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice guys definitely not gonna do an m3. No reason lol. The 3.4 would be because of the crazy deal i can get on it right now... N plus going from 800hp to 600 wont satisfy me lol i got the fever haha. well with that said any ideas on if a t56magnum will fit in the tunnel?..

·
Super Moderator
11,560 Posts
thanks for the advice guys definitely not gonna do an m3. No reason lol. The 3.4 would be because of the crazy deal i can get on it right now... N plus going from 800hp to 600 wont satisfy me lol i got the fever haha. well with that said any ideas on if a t56magnum will fit in the tunnel?..
You'd be a babbling idiot to go through the effort to put a T56 behind a 2JZ-GTE when the V160 is such a superior gearbox, and is native to the 2JZ.

If you got a 'deal' on a T56 - just sell it and put that toward the V160 Getrag, you'll be much happier in the end & the vehicle will have that much more value.
Plus a great deal of the BMW differentials found in E30's and E36's are already geared on the very tall side (numerically low) which makes it go perfectly with the V160/V161 gear spread. A double-overdrive 6-spd like a T56 needs a much numerically higher gear ratio.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice combo with 2jz in BMW. Doing it myself :)

The t56 is a little too big for a stock e30 tunnel I think. And as Wreckless here say, don't bother. Go for V160, or ZF from newer BMW diesels (530d and 330d). Much better to drive with, and they hold up for just as much as the Tremec. And by experience, 600hp isn't nearly enough for an good'ol E30 ;)

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all help and advice guys! And especially for the support. I'll hopefully be aiming for the 1000+ hp mark. Just need to get te damn thing mini tubbed lol. I'll probably end up using the getrag tranny. Now as for funding... Anyone interested in an 800awhp evo w/ Hks fcon vpro and nitrous to make the 900hp mark? She's up for sale! :)

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
I've seen an RB26 e30 and the guy quit raising the boost after something like ~450whp because the car became absolutely useless beyond that.

I can almost guarantee a 3.4L 1000whp e30 will be WAY slower than your current evo.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
E30 coupes can weigh under 2,700lbs. Unless you are running huge rear tires (which you will need to tub out the rear) and tune the suspension for drag racing, having anything more than 600hp will be extremely difficult to put down. As such, just put a stock 2JZ in, unless you are trying to build a drag car.

As said above, your evo will be the much more practical big hp car.

This all coming from an E30 M3 owner.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
go for it if you want your car launch like this. i think you might go back to your evo.
those cars are pretty damn light cars. it'll be interesting to see how it'll perform. who knows maybe you'll like it better than evo but i would say no traction = no G force = no fun. ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Taylor,
So you are thinking about building a E30 huh...My boy has been building up some pretty nice E30s. I think he has redone like 12 of them in the last 8 months. I was actually thinking of throwing my spare super low mileage semi built 3.0 GTE in there. :) And if you have driven any E30 with anything over 400 whp you will quickly realize how much a handful they are. Especially if you start cutting more weight from the originally light ass car. Its nothing like your Evo. But just like you I still would love to putt around in a 650-700 whp on some corn juice. If you need some help finding a E30 or someone with a huge knowledge on BMW let me know and Ill put you in touch with him.

Oh and I see your girl from time to time. And hope yall got the damage from the little accident fixed. The one me and Dave stopped to see yall.

Aloha,
Will

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like I have all the parts you need right there in Vegas. 19K mile V160, fully built shortblock (crower H beams/CP pistons) fuel stainless steal e85 safe fuel system literally everything. Maybe we could workout a trade. Let me know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sounds like I have all the parts you need right there in Vegas. 19K mile V160, fully built shortblock (crower H beams/CP pistons) stainless steel e85 safe fuel system ex. literally everything. Maybe we could workout a trade. Let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts