Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used both the TRD, and the Titan bars?
I have seen the lone review of the Titan bars, I know most of the opinions on the road race forum re TRD BA Bars, but I was wondering if any seasoned road race guys have compared the Titan, and the TRD BA bars? I would probably run them with my HAs on the standard spring. Thanks, Carl.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150139&highlight=Titan

This is the only topic I've seen, and it has some good info. I too wish somebody would do a more thorough comparison, but since they are new that might not happen for a while.

BTW, I run the TRD BA bars with Tein HA's and I really like the combo. I'm hoping to try the Titan's next summer sometime to see how they compare.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea, I read that, sounds like he likes them, but I doubt that was at the limit on a track. Maybe I'll just do it, I am sure they would not be hard to re-sell. They may be great for "street feel", almost Kart like, and be to stiff for the track. That will also depend on tires, as slicks like more spring. I suspect, you will be able to get a well balanced set-up(over/understeer) with either adjustable set-up. The question will be at what overall stiffness(combination of bar, damper, and spring), and is that too stiff? The general rule of thumb being the least rate you can use is best. Since my car spends alot of time on the street, I tend to like more bar, less spring, and good damper adjustability. For my Road race RX7 it is almost the opposite, with ALOT of spring, and relatively little bar. Regards, Carl

T

·
0 Posts
We would be more than happy to sell a set of our bars at a discounted rate to someone that is actually going to take them out to the road course and autocross and do real world testing with them. Since we are so busy here at the shop it is hard for us to get out there all the time. If interested and have the desire to truely take these out and test them for a review pleae email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Email sent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts