Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Titan Motorsports has partnered with industry leading fastener manufacturer ARP to develop an upgraded crank bolt kit for the Toyota 2JZ engine. These upgraded units are manufactured using ARP 2000 material which offers a tensile strength of 220,000 PSI, over 45% stronger than the factory specified Grade 8 bolt. This increase in material strength is partnered with an oversized washer which is both thicker and larger in diameter to take advantage of the increased clamping load and to properly secure the damper to the crank over a larger surface area.

The additional clamp load delivered helps secure the harmonic damper to the crankshaft allowing it to function as designed, absorbing the unwanted kinetic energy caused by undesired movement of the crankshaft. This reduces the risk of the damper loosening from the crankshaft that can occur in racing environments where high RPMs are the norm. This bolt kit is designed to work with the OEM crank pulley, however we recommend it be paired with our Titan Motorsports Crank Damper to offer the ultimate in protection for your engine.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you know the thread pitch and size? I need a tap for my crank... Messed up a 1-2 threads trying to get my balancer hub off... If I get fixed, I would be interested in this as a replacement...

Thanks,
N

Nevermind, found a thread... M18x1.5

·
Registered
76 Posts
just received mine yesterday, but it came without torque specs. anyone know?

·
Inline for the win
4,727 Posts
Use the factory torque setting. its around 239 ft-lbs I believe per the TSRM.

·
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you stripped the crank out, you likely will need to drill/tap for a larger size and get a different crank bolt then the OE style one

Do you know the thread pitch and size? I need a tap for my crank... Messed up a 1-2 threads trying to get my balancer hub off... If I get fixed, I would be interested in this as a replacement...

Thanks,
N

Nevermind, found a thread... M18x1.5

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
just received mine yesterday, but it came without torque specs. anyone know?
Gutentite German torque spec....

239ft lbs is tough without sst tool.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gutentite German torque spec....

239ft lbs is tough without sst tool.
i do not know what "sst" tool you speak of, fastturbo!

all i did was torque until my eyes bled! hehe

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
It's a long bar that locks the crank pulley in position while you torque down the bolt...but 75% of the people just do what you did...myself included.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Nice Job Titan! Put the car in 6th gear and press the brakes really hard. Once you do that 239ft/lbs isn't an issue.

Steve K.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts