Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes..I was just looking for info on putting a 1J in a S-14?? Can anybody hook me up with a shop or some info...I can do the swap, i just need to know what oil pan i need,custom mounts,driveshaft ect...

Any advise would be sweeet..

Thanks
Ax

·
Registered
123 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Hey dudes..I was just looking for info on putting a 1J in a S-14?? Can anybody hook me up with a shop or some info...I can do the swap, i just need to know what oil pan i need,custom mounts,driveshaft ect...

Any advise would be sweeet..

Thanks
Ax
if you are in south fl i know of a couple guys that do awsome work...what i do know is that you need custom engine and tranny mounts as well as a coustom drive shaft you also need the front sump pan....ive seen it done with the rear supm but it looked more like a rig than a pro install

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Ya im in minnesota.. Ill be doing the swap myself. I just need to find somebody that has maybe done it, and can make me some mounts and a driveshaft ect...

I can do all the wireing ect....

You know anybody??

Ax

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am doing it

I can make mounts

I am in Iowa

Need Chaser motor. I am using JZX90 but I suppose JZX81 should work all the same/ The shifter is pretty damn close to perfet if its 5spd for chaser otherwise it will be to far forward. Tunnel can be cut and shifter modified to work.

Stopping by local driveshaft shop in morning.

I think I did my mounts diffrent then anybody else, atleast from what ive read. I havent ever seen any pics of 1jz mounts for 240 though.

Wiring- I am going standalone for many reasons. One being future uprages and lack of stateside support for 1jz ECu. I also wanted to do all new wiring to replace the over a decade old wiring. And making standalone work in 240 for 1jz just seems easier to me.

my aim - stuntmanNO240

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you need a chaser motor or just the chaser oil pan?? There is allot more info on the JZA70 1JZ wireing than the chaser, it would be easyer to wire up.....

I can get a 1JZ clip for the JZA70 (supra) and i was wondering if you can use the engine (minus oil pan) and tranny for my S-14.....

Im going to just use a tued blitz ECU...All though i do have a Power FC for a 1JZ just sitting around doing nothing,maybe i can make it work... Hell we are both so close,it will be nice to see your set up...I wont be starting it untill march 2007ish..Im in minneapolis MN...

Can you send me some pics to [email protected]

Ill be talking to ya..

Josh

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah man swing down when you get back. Car should be up and running by then. I doubt it will out unitl atleast April as you know how Minn/Iowa winters go.

Better yet come to one of the many drift events that go on in the midwest and see the fucker in action.

www.clubfr.net

·
Registered
824 Posts
Jzx90 chasers and jza70 supras use the same ecu!

Yes you can swap a front sump from a chaser onto a jza70 engine. Make sure you change the gasket for the oil pickup!!!!

·
1jz 240sx
205 Posts
I used jza70 everything. The oil pan is notched to allow for the sway bar. Custom shifter because it does sit a little forward. Other people get around this buy hammering the firewall a little. Besides that, you can go either way with whatever clip you decide to get.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sooo ive changed my set up..Im looking at picking up a white 93 coupe S-13.....$700 for a good nice rolling chasis....Its on clubfr....

Im going to chitown on the 10th for the formula drift event and picking it up when i head back home.......

Im keeping my mkiii also...

Im just going to build a nice s-13 1jed.......

Ive also sighned up on
www.clubfr.net

I like that site......

dillusion and crab...

How pig of a PITA is the wireing on the swap???

Ax

·
1jz 240sx
205 Posts
wiring is relative. If you're familiar with how a car runs you can get it done. Side note: I tried to use most of my stock gauges. The tach will be off because signal is different from 4 to 6 cylinder, but theres a fix for this. Speedo will have to make custom sensor. 1J uses a speedometer cable where s13 uses electronic sensor. This has a fix also. Everything else is pretty much straight forward.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Crab Spirits on SF = stuntman on ClubFR FYI

Wiring like dillusion said can be hard or easy just depends on how knowledgeable you are. I do not plan on keeping stock gauges. That will make some things easier. Along with doing standalone. Call me a wuss, but I think it will be better for me long term and for my goals. Alot of it has to do with my distaste for factory wiring, and desire for simplicity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts