Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a greddy turbo timer that came with my car that i'm trying to connect. The previous owner purchased the harness for the 87-90, and my car is a 91 which uses a bigger harness as does the 92. HKS seems to be the only place that lists this part correctly because greddy only lists one harness for all the years and they are obviously different. The HKS part number is 4103-RT003. I called a few places and neither one of them have it and say that their HKS contact say they don't know when they'll have some available again. WTF?
So, does anyone know if there is a way to hardwire the turbo timer to the stock setup? I know it's a lot of wires but if i can't find the harness i'll need to do this.
Unless someone has a 91-92 turbo timer harness they want to get rid of to make my life easier. I'll trade my 87-90 unused harness for the one i need.

THIS is NOT an attempt to make a sale or to post a sale topic in the regular forum; it's a desperate cry for help. :D

Thanx a bunch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SWEET. Thanx a mil bishop. This was hella quick, i can look for it tomorrow. I can't access the forum from work, ip is blocked or whatever (firewall i think) and i wouldn't be able to find the answer until tomorrow night.

You guys are awesome

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Hardwiring a turbo timer isnt something that is very fun... trust me, i did it on my BMW.... (entire friggin day!)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
its only 3 main wires that have to be wired up i believe, the harness just goes between the ignition, and has another plug for the turbo timer, instead cut the plug off and hardwire it to the turbo timer wires.
i believe you can hardwire it that way

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
you might want to try suprasport....i got my harness from jeff and QUICKLY TOO ;) :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can post how to hardwire later today when I have a chance to look at how mine was hardwired, unless you are going to get the harness.

Julian

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
HEHE, ya i got a used turbo kit for it for only 300 dollars. did the entire thing myself, then when i sold the car, i sold the turbo kit for 700 dollars. man, there were some fun times in that car...

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,160 Posts
Yeah.... after looking at my space to work in. I gave up, and got the harness.

The directions are prefect, but you don't want to run the risk of grounding an ignition wire.

!!!

Also, it makes it really really really easy to swap out TT when ever you think you want a nother newer one... as long as it fits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts