Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I love Supras, plain and simple. I have a 93.5 TT BPU+ Supra sleeping in the garage. I have a disease too.... I want a MKII and a MKIII as well. :) The other day I came across an 86 MKII sitting in McDonalds parking lot with a for sale sign on it. This car is not listed in the Autotrader. It is white with blue cloth interior in very, very good condition. It has ONLY 71,000 original miles on it, 2nd owner, never smoked in, and always garaged. Original rims with no scuffs or scratches. New tires and and a new CD player HU. I called him 30 minutes ago and he couldn't stop talking about how there is NO RUST whatsoever. Apparently, MKII's are notorious for rust. The first owner was an older lady who hardly drove it.. The second owner is a car collector who says he has 9 cars in his stable at the moment, and just doesn't have the room for it anymore. He's asking $4650 OBO. After speaking with him on the phone, he said and I quote "If you flash $3,800 in cash in front of my face, I'd probably let it go. "

I'm torn. According to KBB, the car is only worth about $2900. But I know you can't always go by KBB, since this car is pretty rare considering it's condition and low miles. Searching autotrader, I found that low miles MKII are going for $6-$7K. :eek2:

What to do, what to do?

I'm a total newb for MKII's, so please help me out. Was LSD an option, or standard? What other options should I look for??? Looking through the stickies gave me a headache...seems to be some conflicting information.

Thanks in advance for you help/opinion.

·
Registered
183 Posts
did the car have fender flares? is it a 5 speed? if yes to both then i am pretty sure that it has an lsd. I believe all p-type supras with 5 speeds came with an lsd. for a mint mk2 that seems pretty reasonable :) i would swing my celicasupra.com for some more info. ive had my mk2 for almost 4 years so if you have somemore questions i will try to help :) just send me a pm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts