Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so ive been looking at this white MKIV TT supra from Las Vegas. 6spd low miles, and all seemed to be going well til friday when i found it to be removed from autotrader. upon searching for the number, i called to find it was still available. i had SJ get me a carfax...BTW cant say thanks enough. and i found some rather disturbing info.....car was actually issued a salvage certificate (because of roll over damage) but was rebuilt. i wish the owners would have told me so i knew about it, and i didnt have to find out like this but i guess thats what carfax is for. Im now thinking of forgetting about the car, and continuing my search for another one. I was wondering what some of you guys had to say about this or any advice you could give me would be appreciated. thanks much, Ryan

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MtFujiSupra said:
There is another thread on this car and yes, this car is a roll-over.
can you point me in the direction of the thread please?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dude I came so close to buying that car until I did the car fax. The dumb bitch Kelly Collins who is the wife of the owner of the dealer, told me that the car was in perfect condition and such. What ever, I asked her why she didn't let me know that it was a roll over and she said "oh I thought I told you that" eeerrrrr :furious:
So anyways keep looking for your MKIV you'll find it. It pisses me off to see people who love Supras so much and are screwed over from people like them. Sorry Mods I'm just venting!

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
Keep looking! You def don't want a car with a salvage title.. i mean you could buy one for a lot less, but resale down the road sucks. Start out with something clean and you won't regret it! If you're going to spend 20,000+ dollars why not have something that is clean and untouched? There's no rush on such a large investment.

just my .02

·
Crawlin like a Catapilla.
278 Posts
Like everyone says, keep looking. I was going to give up hope after 3 months of looking, then I found my baby. Patience is key with supras!

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
AVmK4 said:
Like everyone says, keep looking. I was going to give up hope after 3 months of looking, then I found my baby. Patience is key with supras!
Heh - you were lucky.
I lookde for 8 months. And then drove 450 miles each way, just to look at it (and buy).

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thanks guys....patience is key but tonight on the way home it seemed like the god of cars was rubbing it in my face. a brand new sti, and a ss camaro...or maybe a z28 passed me on the freeway. (me in my commuter rice box integra) i try to catch up and watch. after i exited the freeway i kept saying argggggggggggggggggggggg when lord whens goan be my time lol
and that broad from vegas and her shistey husband should be kicked squaw in the ballz! thats my 2cents....anyways thanks again

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Keep looking, those guys with that supra are shady. With a roll over & salvage title you could feel comfortable buying it for significantly less if you knew what you were getting into, but I would look some more & get the right one for you. The search for mine took about 8 months, it felt like torture, but worth the wait. :cuddle:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yup just wait..i couldnt count how may times shit like this happened to me..i thought i was never going to own the supra of my dreams...it took alot longer then 8 months for me..and it was well worth it..and it seemd liek god was rubbing it in my face also because i used to see all sorts of crazy turbo cars flyin by me when i was dreamin about the supra..hha now that i have the supra idk where the fuck all those cars went
i had just about given up on supras, then one day i saw it and i knew it was gonna be mine...well after i had a few people who knew the history vouch for me and i did a carfax..then i really knew it was mine..

also dont hesitate..i flew down from ny to miami to look at the car and give them the cash and i beat out a guy from northern florida and a guy from puerto rico..who were both pretty pissed when i got there first..all within 3 days of me seeing the car for sale..

Ant

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
It is true sometime you need to fly around the country to find the one you want. I flew from FL to AZ with a cashiers check..money talks. Drove it back 2200 miles..36hrs straight.. best ride ever!

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, i found one in austin TX sale is pending but he said he'll let me know if it falls thru. we'll see, summer is coming, i dunno if i can wait 8months lol its the weather we've been havin lately that makes me wish i wouldnt a sold my targa NA. BUT N E WAYs i had a dream a while back that i was driving a black one, and im kinda stickin to that dream now ya kno? its like a sign or something hahaa. n e ways thanks again
ill keep my head high, and i wouldnt hesitate one second to fly accross the country to pick up a TT supra and drive it home back To California. i can only imagine how fun that woulod be

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
White95TT said:
It is true sometime you need to fly around the country to find the one you want. I flew from FL to AZ with a cashiers check..money talks. Drove it back 2200 miles..36hrs straight.. best ride ever!
Oregon back to Las Vegas for me, 1100 miles & 14hrs straight driving, best ride ever.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Lance J said:
Oregon back to Las Vegas for me, 1100 miles & 14hrs straight driving, best ride ever.
Auckland to Rotorua... about 100miles lol, 1hr 45mins, best ride ever.

Dammit i just cant compete :(

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
White95TT said:

after i went to florida i had it shipped to my driveway..worst 2 weeks of waiting ever... :barf:

driving it woulda def been cool...but idk..id have to have a friend with me...

Ant

·
Registered
270 Posts
gmacrae said:
Auckland to Rotorua... about 100miles lol, 1hr 45mins, best ride ever.

Dammit i just cant compete :(
After looking for 9 mths for "the one" I had a wasted trip/flight from Dunedin to Taupo (approx 1000 miles each way) to look at a car sales described perfect example, it was crap! One week later got onto another one, approx 1200 mile flight to Auckland, bought it and drove home non-stop on pure adrenalin except for a 3hr ferry crossing of Cook Straight. Oh forgot, I did stop 300 miles short of home for a couple of hours to get lowered springs and strut brace ect installed. Lots of self control ehh!, I could not even get it home before the Mods had started. Cheers Phil.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
Phil NZ said:
After looking for 9 mths for "the one" I had a wasted trip/flight from Dunedin to Taupo (approx 1000 miles each way) to look at a car sales described perfect example, it was crap! One week later got onto another one, approx 1200 mile flight to Auckland, bought it and drove home non-stop on pure adrenalin except for a 3hr ferry crossing of Cook Straight. Oh forgot, I did stop 300 miles short of home for a couple of hours to get lowered springs and strut brace ect installed. Lots of self control ehh!, I could not even get it home before the Mods had started. Cheers Phil.
Man that would've been a cool drive, especially once you got back down south.

Hardcase you modding it before you got it home, same with me, i bought my wheels about a week before i got the car :)

·
Das Smurf
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive always wanted to visit new zealand.i heard that supras and sklyines are very popular over there. glad to hear that the stories end on a positive note. ill find mine some day. ive got it narrowed down to my exact specifications. we'll see what happens. have any of you New Zealand guys ever came to the US for Supras Invade Las Vegas?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The car that you are supposed to have will find you when you find it. Mine was in the SE corner of VA, and I drove to look at it and knew right away. This was last fall, still the best purchase I can remember (and that includes my favorite motorcycle)

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
lildawg720 said:
ive always wanted to visit new zealand.i heard that supras and sklyines are very popular over there. glad to hear that the stories end on a positive note. ill find mine some day. ive got it narrowed down to my exact specifications. we'll see what happens. have any of you New Zealand guys ever came to the US for Supras Invade Las Vegas?
All Jap cars are plentiful over here, our domestic market isnt protected at all, so anything japan gets, we get. Its good in that respect, and cars are cheap as chips because of it, though i wouldnt want to be in that business.

I've been to the states quite a few times when i was younger, last time was about 97 i think. I'd love to come for one of the big supra meets - vegas or texas or something - that'd be wicked, will have to make a point of it one of these days :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts