Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so obviously as it says i have too much freeplay in my clutch pedal. problem just started yesterday. it travels like half way before there is any pressure. what do i need to do to get it back.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i do that. sorry if that sounds kinda ignorant but technically it is

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
im w/ joe0turbo too on this..starting to notice alot of freeplay on the clutch pedal too...not sure how to bleed the slave so help!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the same thing. I bled my clutch fluid ( it was black, I don't think it had ever been changed). After 2 months of driving it is very dark again. When it gets warmer (yesterday it was -25C) I 'm going to bleed it again and see if the rapid change in fluid color was just residual impurities or due to air/moisture ingress somewhere. After I changed the fluid the clutch was a lot nicer to use, grabed quicker and felt much nicer.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
- Jack up the car.
- Slide underneath and attach a length of hose to the slave cylinder - mounted to the driver's side of the tranny - bleed valve. There is usually a rubber protective boot over it. You will need to remove the boot.
- Feed the hose into a jar for the old fluid.
- Take off the top of your master cylinder resevoir - this is the place where you add new fluid, it's in the engine compartment next to the firewall.
- Top up the resevoir.
- Have a helper sit in the car at the Driver's position.
- Slide back under the car to the slave cylinder. Do this after your helper gets in the car, so that they don't squash you like a bug. :)
- Open the bleeder nipple 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the slave cylinder.
- Have the helper depress the clutch. Fluid will fill the hose.
- Close the bleeder nipple.
- Have the helper release the clutch. They will likely need to pull it back up by hand.
- Repeat the last 4 steps a few times, then fill the resevoir again, repeat this process until clean fluid (and no air bubbles!) is coming out of the bleeder nipple.

If you manage to empty the resevoir, you'll have to keep going until you get air bubbles out again, so be careful. I can get 4-6 cycles out of mine safely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts