Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after talking to Jimmy he got me convinced to drive to orlando tonite to pick the car up from the transfer facility. Thanks Jimmy! :rolleyes:


Have to run and pick up the plates and off we go!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
2,797 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D Sweet man, Congrats again take some pics of that beauty.. maybe I can check her out tomorrow!

Got_TRD.

Yea he is picking up the back car
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
HAHAHAHA I dont know who is more excited me or Greg.. When I hear picking up a cherry 2JZ I pitch a trouser tent!.. Jimmy you should come up tomorrow to check the car out! It would be nice to have another 2JZ visitor at the house! :)
 

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes im picking up the black car.

Thanks man! Yea i was talking to Chris (previous owner) and when the loaded the car up on the trailer it was raining so its kinda dirty :( But tomorrow afternoon im cleaning her up so she'll be in her full glory.
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
Jimmy you read that? It seems as though tomorrow late afternoon/early evening there will be soap suds and wax applicators flying all over 2JZs at our house.. now come get that white dawg clean!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
2,797 Posts
Greg If you want to get your car detail WHILE you are in orlando I have the guy to go to.. he is up there as well ;) let me know if you don't want to drive her down dirty. :)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
2,797 Posts
Dan94TT said:
Jimmy you read that? It seems as though tomorrow late afternoon/early evening there will be soap suds and wax applicators flying all over 2JZs at our house.. now come get that white dawg clean!
I might have to take u up on that offer :) PM me ur cell I already got Greg's.
 

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahah nah its fine ill wash her tonite when i get back (around 10sh) :) I think the amount of bugs on the TP tonite will pretty much ruin any detail anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
<-- detail guy in orlando

wheresursfl said:
hahah nah its fine ill wash her tonite when i get back (around 10sh) :) I think the amount of bugs on the TP tonite will pretty much ruin any detail anyway.
Just make sure you get ALL the bugs off when you get home (even if you don't wash the entire thing) ... don't want any nasty bug stains screwing up the paint.

Call or email if you have any quesitons or need help. I have someone who works with me down by you as well.

Jon
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
Jon I heard you do real sick work with the detailing.. what products do you use.. I pretty much consider myself a detailing guru also, I just dont do it for a job. I would love to know what products I could use to make my car's finish look nicer.. I use the PC DACP if that could give you an idea of the kinda products/equip. I have.
 

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

Yeah she WILL BE washed tonite. I have left the G35 sit a day or two and it took a clay bar to get everything off.

As for dan he does a good job as well, and I know hes always looking for new tips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Dan94TT said:
Jon I heard you do real sick work with the detailing.. what products do you use.. I pretty much consider myself a detailing guru also, I just dont do it for a job. I would love to know what products I could use to make my car's finish look nicer.. I use the PC DACP if that could give you an idea of the kinda products/equip. I have.
Wow - well thanks.

You can see some of the products we use on the detailing services section of my website. All our work (the work I train the contractors to do) is by hand, but at some point I will be including buffer services. Zymol, Zaino, Lexol... I could make a list of what I use exactly for the site if you were interested.

Tips...

Its kinda hard, but I try and tell people you have to be able to "see" the thing that is really going to make each particular car going to stand out... Not to get all zen about it, but you have to have an eye for it and understand the basics LOL :)

You also have to have the right tools and find the product that best suits 1) your car and finish 2) the conditions your car is exposed to daily and 3) what consistently looks the best.

If you were looking for what to use specifically with your PC DACP, send me a PM - I know a few guys who could help you with those pointers. But to address your car specifically I'd really need to know color and other background info on it.

Jon
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
Jon I shot you over a PM thanks for the help
 

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jon,

BTW your G35 looks awesome! Mine is the same color I would be interested in seeing what steps you took to get it like that. I got the car in January and its washed regularly so the paint still looks good.

On another note, in the state of florida you can transport a car without registration or plate. Check with your local police or dmv.

Okay off for my 3 hour tour. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a big wreck like Giligan and the Skipper. LOL

Wish me luck and I'm out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
wheresursfl said:
Jon,

BTW your G35 looks awesome! Mine is the same color I would be interested in seeing what steps you took to get it like that. I got the car in January and its washed regularly so the paint still looks good.

On another note, in the state of florida you can transport a car without registration or plate. Check with your local police or dmv.

Okay off for my 3 hour tour. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a big wreck like Giligan and the Skipper. LOL

Wish me luck and I'm out!
Good luck and thanks.

I have Zaino'd our G35 - we'll talk more - and post pics when you get back home and get the new car clean!! :cool:
 

·
Team 10+ Year Member
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
It was a good trip.. I wasnt too sure about those Fiske wheels at first from the pictures.. but in person HOLY SHIT they are HOT.. now it is off to go wash this thing so it gets put away clean.. and yes it is 12:19AM! :D
 

·
Sold Mine :(
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay guys its 2AM and the camera battery is dead plus the car needs wax so you'll just have to see it as it was up in the terminal. Mind you when it got ON the the truck it was raining.

Here we go:








And for your other viewing pleasure some other cars in transport:





Tomorrow (if the weather hold up) she will be completed washed AGAIN, and waxed then we'll take her for a spin and get some real shots.

Gnite guys and Jimmy thanks for the encouragment to get up there. Fastest drive ever!
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top