Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lurker
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is in for paint and body work. i'm having it painted jet black.. but i'm torn between painting the rear badging black or painting it white (like stock).. what do you guys think? i'm leaning a little towards all black.. but it's more like 60% all black and 40% white.. ahhhh

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
That is a difficult decision, but I like your car the way it is there. Anywho I guess if I were in your situation, it would depend on how stealth you wanna be. I would probably lean more towards the white lettering.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would love to remove my "turbo" badge. Anyone know how?

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Cydnei said:
I would love to remove my "turbo" badge. Anyone know how?
It's just held on with double-stick body tape. You can slide a piece of fishing line behind it to remove it. Then use goo gone or somethign similar to remove any remaining residue.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
when i painted mine i removed the "turbo" off the back because it comes off separetely. When they finished I put it back on. Its a white package so the lettering in the back is a light grey on white.

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
supragino said:
i have 2 pics i can show u...tell me wut u like...i painted mine gunmetal to blend in w/ my trim

before:

after:
Now that's stealth.....you can't see anything in the "after" picture.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I'm still torn on this myself, I will probably not paint it though.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
here are my ideas..

-buff all of em off and paint it black (that's what I was gonna do with my old car, but I accidently told him just the 'turbo' badge haha..)

-buff off just the 'toyota' and paint the rest black

-buff off just the 'toyota' and paint the letters white/silver

my ideas :)

·
2,275 Posts
fatboy said:
here are my ideas..

-buff all of em off and paint it black (that's what I was gonna do with my old car, but I accidently told him just the 'turbo' badge haha..)

-buff off just the 'toyota' and paint the rest black

-buff off just the 'toyota' and paint the letters white/silver

my ideas :)
Holly shit theres a name I havent seen in forever!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts