Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 93 Supra with a full Blitz body kit on it and was wondering if I should put the EDM hood scoop on it or not. I already bought it and am having second thoughts. I was originally going to swap the front bumper for a stock one and get an MVP lip and put the hood scoop on. But now I think i want to stick with the Blitz bumper. Do you guys think it would look weird? I placed the scoop on the hood and it seems like it may look weird. Or should I just go with my original plan and swap the bumper and get the MVP lip? The only think I don't like about the MVP lip is that i looks too tacked on...maybe if I get the shop to mold the lip on it'll look better.
Opinions?

· aKa Blk96SupraTT
5,179 Posts
I know this might sound a little gay but when i think blitz front bumper with hood scoop i think of the green eclipse in F&F. LoL.

Okay now back on topic, the car is your baby no matter what we say to you. So you should do what will make you happy. Stated above, like 75% of the people on SF LOVE the stock body look and to them anything out side of that is rice.

· regretfully supraless
1,855 Posts
I personally like as close to stock and simple as possible (as far as body) but of course, it's your car. Being unique in the Supra world seems to be a challenge in itself though, lol.

680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, the Blitz bumper looks hideous in pictures. But it looks good in person imo. I always thought I was gonna do the typical white Supra look (stock bumper, mvp lip, and scoop) but after looking at pictures, I thought the MVP lip too tacked on and didn't flow that nice. I already have a stock bumper sitting in my basement...I might just go ahead and paint everything and install it. If I don't like it, I'll just go back to the Blitz bumper. One day I want go TRD widebody.
Thanks for your opinions guys.

· Asian Sensation
2,460 Posts
blitz is ol school now, i always hated how the blitz rear looked with those bump things on the sides. I think shaving those flat, and cut off flare things on the front like everyone else does if you havent already and "insert front bumper" be all good.

euro scoop, yes depending on what front end you get or switch too.

Now, no i think it looks fine.

· 2JZ S13
2,668 Posts
Yeah, good idea guys. Lets do what everybody else on the fucking planet with an MKIV does.

Way to be original!
X2, I'm a HUGE Fan of stock bodied MKIV's but yours looks pretty good. i do agree your car has the "complete" look to it (skirts/bumpers/wheels) needs something with the hood. i LOVE the euro scoop. I say DO IT!

· Supra Dreamer
233 Posts
No scoop and I can't say I'm digging the Blitz bumper. I love the way the Supra looks fresh from Toyota. I feel like it already turns enough heads stock and is already aggressive. I'm a fan of retaining the original form. However, that's what I like, do what you like man, it's your car. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.