Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either vandalized or someone did a hit on run, now the front bumper is all scratched up, but there is no dents so im looking for a repray on just the bumper cover. Anyone know of a good paint shop around this area? I was thinking of Atomic body, but don't know how their service is. There is also a Maaco but i heard their service varies by location and don't know how they are here.

Thanks

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
Shoot, if your going to take it to maaco you might as well get the color matched and shoot it yourself. Atomic isn't bad I've seen some of their work, other than that Mel's I heard is pretty good, and then theres Jack's Superior which I have done business many times are good too.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
If you do maaco, take your bumper off and do ALL of the prepping...

They actually arent too horrible if you prep the car really well yourself. Ive seen some decent paint jobs out of them, but i would still never recommend them. Id say just do it yourself like sticky said...

Tim

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
StickyRice said:
Shoot, if your going to take it to maaco you might as well get the color matched and shoot it yourself. Atomic isn't bad I've seen some of their work, other than that Mel's I heard is pretty good, and then theres Jack's Superior which I have done business many times are good too.
Thanks, ill prolly be checking either Mel's or Jack's out this coming weekend or early next week, should i mention u if i go to Jack's? You don't happen to know that can do a hookup on a viper 791xv setup or something comparable, do ya? :x:

BTW: how is autoshades at doing window tints? im planning on getting that done too.

Thanks again

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
You can mention me but I doubt (well maybe) remember me. If you go to the tint place on clearwater behind performance, and talk to cedro and mention Nan the dude with the supra he probably hook you up just make sure you bring cash lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, do u know the name of the shop behind perorformance? Is it be any chance A Different Shade? Thats the only one i found on yahoo directory that is listed under a window treatment category in kennewick.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just saw a black mkiii supra go by Leslie (close to Albertsons) at 3:30pm. was it you by any chance?

edit: also made an appointment for repray on the front bumper at Jack's Superior on Monday, will post pics on how it turned out. Est. work time is 3 days.

edit: wow... today was a day for mkiii supra sightings. Saw another 2, one grey (or gray) one going down clearwater and another black one with exhaust and cobra rims parked at bestbuy.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,100 Posts
^naw, I don't drive the black mkiii, I drive the white with carbon fiber hood MKIV. Yea post some pics of the work jack's did.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow... im soo fucking pissed that words cannot explain. First the 4Runner, it hasnt even been repaired, now my 350z, its been in an accident. The dude completely did not see my in his pickup and just backed straight into me. I honked the horn but he didn't slow down at all. Now i got 2 cars that both need repair. Fuck, i havent even been able to repair the first one. Hadnt even gotten the windows tinted yet, actually thats a good thing since if i got them windows tinted illegal it might have pointed the finger more at me because of illegal tints. The only good thing that can come out of this is an aftermarked bumper, if even that since this is gonna raise insurance quite a bit. Have to go to the police station and fill out an accident report. Does anyone know if my insurance will get raised or just his if he is found to be at fault? I got witnesses (my cousin and her friend that was over) to prove that i honked the horn to try and stop him and that i was backing out first, but he still pulled out. The most retarded part was that he didnt even pull out slow, not that that matters, but he just jetted in reverse like no one would ever be there. BTW incase it helps visualize this, this was in a cul-de-sac. Is Washington a fault state or a no fault (doesnt matter who's fault) state? Man im just so pissed right now i cant help but vent, that and this is my only car so everyone asks what happened, and im like just got hit 2 freaking hours ago. :-( Plus my parents are gonna flip cause they havent even got the 4Runner fixed (hit and run) and that they have to file another claim with insurance, and the kicker is its not my fault. I don't mind them getting mad at me for what i did, its just when people get pissed at me for what someone else did.

Cliffs for those need them: My car got rear ended and needs the rear quarter panel and bumper replaced. and maybe more underneath the panels since it looks like the area where u fill gas has moved a bit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
another thing, someone told me that the person that painted Nan's car is gone. Any one of my friends recommended sunshine collision in kennewick saying that they did a fantastic job on her black honda s2k. Do you have any experience with or heard anything about sunshine collision in kennewick.

edit: the name of the shop might be Sunshine Polishing instead of Sunshine Collision, not sure. Friend said collision but a search on yahoo local yields sunshine polishing.

edit2: it was Sonshine Collision, doh, i kept thinking Sunshine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
oh snap, i just remembered i posted this, will post pics in a couple minutes of the 350Z after it was repaired, dont have pictures of the 4Runner on hand and im in seattle till next weekend.

edit: here they are if anyone cared . The bumper and passenger side fender was replaced. And i believe they sanded and re-cleared the passenger side door. I asked them why they needed to do that and they said for color blending purposes. IDK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts