Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
was wondering if any of you have a .84 dualport exhaust housing laying around and if you'd want to trade it for my .96 plus a little cash. I really want the dual port and dont have alot of cash to throw around right now.

Email me in private: [email protected] (please dont PM since I never check it)

thx,
nils

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: TO4R exhaust housings

Andi said:
Can't you just get it from Turbonetics?

Andi
I could get it from either Turbonetics or HKS, I was just hoping that someone would have one laying around that I could grab.... thats all =)

I'll probably just have SP get one for me..... but if anyone out there has one and you are not using let me know.
nils

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weiyan8 said:
Hey Nils. I still have my .84 housing if you are interested. I'll send you some email.
weiyan.... check your email... sorry, I already bought one from SP......

take care,
nils

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nevermind guys....
The exhaust housing was waaayyy cheaper than I thought so I ordered a new one from SP Engineering.

thx,
nils

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
nils, you should of asked me when you e-mailed me earlier. No, I don't have one but I was just gonna say if you have an HKS T04R I'd stick with a Garrett turbine housings. These Garrett products are also available through your local agriculture tractor repair shops. Do you have a split port type manifold Here's a picture of a .96 single port compared to the .84 dual port. don't forget you still need a flange on the turbine housing for your downpipe.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
choritsu-shi said:
nils, you should of asked me when you e-mailed me earlier. No, I don't have one but I was just gonna say if you have an HKS T04R I'd stick with a Garrett turbine housings. These Garrett products are also available through your local agriculture tractor repair shops. Do you have a split port type manifold Here's a picture of a .96 single port compared to the .84 dual port. don't forget you still need a flange on the turbine housing for your downpipe.
HKS told me I didnt need the flange... arrrgghhh... are you sure?
Scroll down to the bottom of this link, that is the flange I need right?

http://www.to4r.com/images/to4r_AR.jpg

I think that flange is hella expensive too....

btw - thx for the pic.. can I use that on to4r.com?

take care,
nils

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
HKS T04R said:
Nils, why are you going away from the .96?
Maybe Nils figured out that .96 is just stupid big for such a small T66 sized turbo as the T04R and he wanted to gain some spool...

:dj: :beerchug:

Regards,
Andi "what was HKS thinking?" B.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HKS T04R said:
Nils, why are you going away from the .96?
Jim,
I want to get more serious about road racing and I cant afford to buy a whole new turbo set up, so I will try gain some RPM by using a smaller a/r.....

I need a bigger power band and better response =))

The .96 is fun for the street but Roger Marquez has the smaller a/r and has a better power curve than me with same top end.

http://www.to4r.com/dynos/nils_roger.jpg

I wonder if I took out my cams... if I'd getter better response.... Ideas are welcome (spare me the new turbo comments cause I cant afford to buy any new parts... got a baby on the way =)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Andi said:

Maybe Nils figured out that .96 is just stupid big for such a small T66 sized turbo as the T04R and he wanted to gain some spool...

:dj: :beerchug:

Regards,
Andi "what was HKS thinking?" B.
smart ass.... ;)

n

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nils, the cams did give me about 200rpm of lag. You do need the flange i paid about 100 for it from hks. Just grind the welds off the .96 and just have it welded on the new one.I may put my .84 back on to see how it does with the turbo rsbuilt.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
nils said:

HKS told me I didnt need the flange... arrrgghhh... are you sure?
Scroll down to the bottom of this link, that is the flange I need right?

http://www.to4r.com/images/to4r_AR.jpg

I think that flange is hella expensive too....

btw - thx for the pic.. can I use that on to4r.com?

take care,
nils
That's your website? I had no idea...you have done a very nice job! Yeah, that flange is expensive but it's designed for heat expansion and contraction to minimize leaks and cracking. The flange outlet has a precision machined inner collar as well.
JimmyP has a good suggestion..."grind the welds off the .96"

The pictures belongs to Nomura Tuning and Design.If you want to use it on your website you're gonna need the ones with their watermarks, like the one I've attached. If you want I can get you the correct one or more.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jimmyP - Thx for the tip... I'll take that into consideration.... We'll see about the cams, I am seriously thinking about taking them out. They are JUN 264's if anyone would be interested, hard to find.... slightly more aggressive than HK$ 264's.

choritsu-shi - ha.. lol... I thought you knew I owned to4r.com =) I give most of the credit to my partner John, with out him that website would look like a highschool reunion page ;)
I talked to Gabe at HK$ yesterday and he said what you said, the flange is expensive because... "it's designed for heat expansion and contraction to minimize leaks and cracking. The flange outlet has a precision machined inner collar as well. "
Yeah, if you want email photos to me... the more the merrier =)

thx guys,
nils

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roger M. might be selling his .8x HKS (T04R) housing...
I will contact him.
H.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Nils, by taking the cams out, you will get 150-200 rpm less lag but you will loose about 40 rwhp top end. I would keep the cams and get the smaller a/r. The 0.96 is WAY to big (as andi said) for a T66 size turbo...
Peter

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RogerM - thx but I already ordered the .84 dual port =)

Peter - I know... I already have the smaller a/r on the way.... but I think I might want to loose the cams aswell, not sure though. I just want to pick up as many RPM's as possible without spending a grip of money.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts