Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need to know what is the maximum boost people with T04R or T04Z are running on stock bottom end with pump fuel.I don't know what octane rating u guys have at the pump but we have 98 so please include octane.

What boost do these turbos start to run out of efficiency?
Whats the maximum mph can I expect out of my setup on drag radials?
What kind of hp u guys putting out at the wheels on pump fuel?

My current setup
* Garrett T04Z (0.96)
* HKS style Stainless tubular manifold
* Tial 44mm w/gate
* HKS cam gears
* HKS 264/264
* HKS DLI twin power
* Sard 850cc injectors
* Sard adjustable fuel pressure regulator
* Twin Walbro in tank pumps
* Sard catch can
* Custom 3.5" stainless exhaust
* Custom intercooler (700x120x270)

Thanks

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Based on what you asked, it has nothing to do with the turbo it is all in the octane you have. I believe that your 98 is about like our 93 check this out http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html in which case safe boost should not exceed 18psi and some say a tad less. More octane = more safe boost so if you dump in say 116oct feel free to crank it up to near 30psi.

One way around octane limitation is meth injection, then run high 20psi with normal pump all day safely.

PS: was your setup properly tuned? From the sound of your questions, I'm guessing you did not dyno tune the car where you could monitor a/f and boost and know what kind of power you have. If you are not tuned, start pumping up your savings account for when your motor blows up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick 95 6sp said:
Based on what you asked, it has nothing to do with the turbo it is all in the octane you have. I believe that your 98 is about like our 93 check this out http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html in which case safe boost should not exceed 18psi and some say a tad less. More octane = more safe boost so if you dump in say 116oct feel free to crank it up to near 30psi.

One way around octane limitation is meth injection, then run high 20psi with normal pump all day safely.

PS: was your setup properly tuned? From the sound of your questions, I'm guessing you did not dyno tune the car where you could monitor a/f and boost and know what kind of power you have. If you are not tuned, start pumping up your savings account for when your motor blows up.
car was tuned properly,Im more interested in the limitations of the turbo.Guys here are running 23-25psi on 98octane with the same setup but I really want to know wher the T04R runs out of airflow and what its maximum mph potential is.
Thanks for ur reply :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
throw on some meth or higher octane gas...n the turbo will run out of efficiency (at least the TO4R) at around 29-30pnds...n should make a little less then 700rwhp give or take a little depending on ur A/R. i have a .81 undivided, and will most likely throw the .96 back on soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts