Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since infiniti used shit products to build the dashes in the fx's from 03-08 they have issued a massive recall replacing the dash with a new one. well today was my day to have it serviced. usually when i have any service done they give me a ex35( if your interested in this car search as i did a review). today i had better luck. i got a new g37 sedan with 8k on the clock. this car feels better in everyway compared to the old g35 and my fx35. heres how,

lets start with the styling. the exterior of the new g class is stunning. it has beautiful lines, curves in all the right spots, and a flowing design. they didnt stray to far from the original g series which i like. the headlights are a bit goofy but nissan took this path with their entire line up and it works for some reason. this car i have is silver on black. overall i like it!

moving on to the interior. infiniti took a page out of bmw's playbook i think here. compared to my 06 fx35 the leather feels alot nicer. the leather feels "thicker" then the leather in my fx, much more like the dakota leather in my 335i. the quality just seems to have improved. even the stitching is noticeable, where that lacks in previous models i have been in. the gauge lighting is a big step up. gone is the orange lighting, in return we get white led, blue led and red led lighting. the steering wheel is more more user friendly i feel, and it feels weighted better. i also think it feels a bit thicker. the back seat has ample leg room and the rear seats are at a great angle for day to day cruising back there. this car doesnt have navi, so i cant compare the navi to my 06. i does come with aux input in the center console where that is lacking in my current ride.

braking and suspension: the brakes grab hard. this could be because they are fairly new or because its a lighter car then my fx. i felt very confident braking in the situations i have been in with the car. its not jerky like my bmw can be. push the pedal down and you are greated with nce firm pressure.
the car handles wonderfully for a sedan. it stays nice and flat through the corners and it makes quick and precise lane changes. the steering is super responsive which i also found as a plus.

engine and driving: ok everyone can usually tell a g/fx/m/z 35 car without even looking. it has a very distinct and beautiful exhaust note. well nissan lost that beauty with the new 37. it doesnt offer that same rumble we all love. however for the lack of noise they have more then made up for it in the power department. this sedan moves! i had it in manu mode, turned vdc off and had the ass end out taking off out of my neighborhood. the power is flat and broad. this car begs to be driven. the trans in the car sucks though. its very jerky and notchy. in my fx if i have it in manu mode, the shifts are crisp. i wish i could say that about this car. noticeable delay and it will jerk you around.

overall this car is very nice. i revivals the german counterparts very nicely. it has a wonderful sporty feel to it and not numb at all. this past week my 335i was in for service and we got a new 328. there is no comparision as to which car to purchase after driving both. i dont understand entry level bmw or mercedes at all. you get way more with the japanese counterpart and this particular g37 didnt under deliver. if you are in the market for a 4 door sedan with class and luxury please do yourself the favor and schedule a test drive.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
The trans. is definitely not world class on the G37. You comparison to the FX is right on, the FX35 in man. mode shifts like it's got mild to moderately calibrated shift kit. NVH is much better than G35s, but nowhere near a BMW 3-series. Thrust is excellent on this G37. The G37 coupe exhaust bark for stock makes you feel like you're in an exotic, the G37 sedan exhaust is subdued.

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes subdued and boring on the exhaust. my neighbor has a g37s coupe. i still dont get the exhaust bark like previous years.

·
shake your palm palms
1,681 Posts
wait what recall on the 335 engine? i habe not heard about this. please details...
HPFP. Some engines were affected and were driving normally. Others were modified. I think there are some vendors on e92forums that maybe got a fix. Otherwise, yea, it's a problem that affects cars with 5k miles or 50..

·
Banned
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HPFP. Some engines were affected and were driving normally. Others were modified. I think there are some vendors on e92forums that maybe got a fix. Otherwise, yea, it's a problem that affects cars with 5k miles or 50..
i still havent had the fuel pump problem on my 335i yet. i've aked bmw to swap out for the new unit and they refused until it goes out. hey thanks bmw!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts