Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched and searched for those who are going to tell me to search. I was wondering if you can adjust the illuminas without having to take them out of your car. I am debating on konis or illuminas and this will undoubtedly be the defining factor.

D

·
0 Posts
if you have tems there automatically adjustable bewtween the normal and sport modes. I have the tokico Illumina's and I like them, i wanted to keep tems and I believe these aftermarket struts are the only ones that allow for that.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
yes, it's just a matter of turning the adjustment thing at the end of the shaft. definitely doable without removing them from the car.

however, i had illuminas in good shape, and sold them just to buy Konis.

S

·
0 Posts
marcbeatty said:
i don't have tems, are they still adjustible without removal?

Why in the hell would u buy the Tokico illumina when your car doesnt have TEMS. U are in the wrong direction. If you have TEMS on your car at the moment and want to keep the TEMS active then buy Illuminas, BUT YOU SAID U DONT HAVE TEMS. So if u want adjustable shocks then buy some Koni's, Trd shocks or Non adjustably Tokico Hp's, theres also kyb gr-2 but those are extremly crappy IMHO. Then the next level is Coilover setup fully adjustable, theres many companys out there. I should say search as well

·
Registered
972 Posts
The illuminas are adjustable no matter what... they come with the little tool to adjust them..

They just also happen to be TEMS compatible

SupraT91 said:
Why in the hell would u buy the Tokico illumina when your car doesnt have TEMS. U are in the wrong direction. If you have TEMS on your car at the moment and want to keep the TEMS active then buy Illuminas, BUT YOU SAID U DONT HAVE TEMS. So if u want adjustable shocks then buy some Koni's, Trd shocks or Non adjustably Tokico Hp's, theres also kyb gr-2 but those are extremly crappy IMHO. Then the next level is Coilover setup fully adjustable, theres many companys out there. I should say search as well

S

·
0 Posts
MKNTRAXX said:
The illuminas are adjustable no matter what... they come with the little tool to adjust them..

They just also happen to be TEMS compatible
\

Its pretty obvious that they are adjustable !!1 but fact is they are made for cars with the tems option, nobody that doesnt have tems already on thier car would want to use these. Why spend $100 a shock for an oem adjustable shock. U can get 10xs better shocks as far as adjustability,stiffness,durabilty etc etc. if you dont have tems and your wanting to have an adjustale shock illumina are your worst shock as for pairing with aftermarket springs might i ad

3,796 Posts
Illuminas suck IMO. Wanna buy mine?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have Illumina's and Suspension Techniques springs. The ride quality is great. No bounce, not so stiff as to feel every bump and TEMS compatabile makes them great. I dont think they suck at all but in your setup they would not be the good choice as you lack the TEMS. There are alot of setups on the market for our cars in varying stages of aggressiveness and road feel look around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts