Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Acting my age
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey found this....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/trivia

But look at this line...

"One of the cars never before seen on American TV or Film is the Toyota Chaser, a Camry-sized sedan that has Lexus SC300's engine. Obviously, it was never exported to the US, and previously was only seen on US soil in special drift demo events."

Now I may not be an expert, but the chaser does not come with a 2JZ-GE! Havent seen this sweet ass flik yet, but I think its a 1JZ.

· LexusTico
3,604 Posts
didn't the lexus, aka soarer, also come with a 1j?

· Registered
6,381 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Hey found this....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/trivia

But look at this line...

"One of the cars never before seen on American TV or Film is the Toyota Chaser, a Camry-sized sedan that has Lexus SC300's engine. Obviously, it was never exported to the US, and previously was only seen on US soil in special drift demo events."

Now I may not be an expert, but the chaser does not come with a 2JZ-GE! Havent seen this sweet ass flik yet, but I think its a 1JZ.
The one in the movie has a 1jz VVTi engine I believe. Not modded at all.

· 7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
981 Posts
Sweet the movie has X-bodies? Maybe the retail value on my cars will go up... ;)
Chaser did come with the 1jzgte and also 2jzgte.

· what would jesus drift?
998 Posts
eh probaly gona see it tomorrow, ...

after seeing some pics of a modded chaser, i think it would have been a great us car.. to bad they didn't...

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
Chaser came with a TON of engines in Japan. Including (but not limited to), the 1JZ-GE, 1JZ-GTE, and yes, the 2JZ-GE.

The Chaser did not come with the 2JZ-GTE. Sorry. ;)

· J-Spec 4 Life
1,022 Posts
The chasers came with the same engine as the soarers which i believe is a 2.5L Twin Turbo. Decent speed but in stock form nothing to s stock supra even with another person in my drivers seat :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.