Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Acting my age
Joined
·
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey found this....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/trivia

But look at this line...

"One of the cars never before seen on American TV or Film is the Toyota Chaser, a Camry-sized sedan that has Lexus SC300's engine. Obviously, it was never exported to the US, and previously was only seen on US soil in special drift demo events."

Now I may not be an expert, but the chaser does not come with a 2JZ-GE! Havent seen this sweet ass flik yet, but I think its a 1JZ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
w00t X-Bodies! Ive seen Chasers in the US not alot, but some. And Im sure a Chaser has been in a background of some film before.
 

·
LexusTico
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
didn't the lexus, aka soarer, also come with a 1j?
 

·
JZA80 > JZA70
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
^ yes it did in japan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,967 Posts
MattOneDime said:
Hey found this....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/trivia

But look at this line...

"One of the cars never before seen on American TV or Film is the Toyota Chaser, a Camry-sized sedan that has Lexus SC300's engine. Obviously, it was never exported to the US, and previously was only seen on US soil in special drift demo events."

Now I may not be an expert, but the chaser does not come with a 2JZ-GE! Havent seen this sweet ass flik yet, but I think its a 1JZ.
The one in the movie has a 1jz VVTi engine I believe. Not modded at all.
 

·
JZA80 > JZA70
Joined
·
1,829 Posts
heard it got problems if u mod it moe? correct?
 

·
7MGTE CRESSIDA PWR!!!
Joined
·
780 Posts
Sweet the movie has X-bodies? Maybe the retail value on my cars will go up... ;)
Chaser did come with the 1jzgte and also 2jzgte.
 

·
what would jesus drift?
Joined
·
987 Posts
eh probaly gona see it tomorrow, ...

after seeing some pics of a modded chaser, i think it would have been a great us car.. to bad they didn't...
 

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
Joined
·
9,352 Posts
Chaser came with a TON of engines in Japan. Including (but not limited to), the 1JZ-GE, 1JZ-GTE, and yes, the 2JZ-GE.

The Chaser did not come with the 2JZ-GTE. Sorry. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,409 Posts
2jzgte only came in aristo and supra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
YES! Now that RWD is the "hip" thing I can sell my supra for triple it's price. Some kid is bound to buy it. lol.
 

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
it looks like SC300s are going to get more expensive...too bad they didnt use a 2.5tt R.

~scott
 

·
Acting my age
Joined
·
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LordLo said:
YES! Now that RWD is the "hip" thing I can sell my supra for triple it's price. Some kid is bound to buy it. lol.
Naw.. the only cars that will go up in price after this movie will be the Hatchi's and the 240's.. DRFT STYLEZ CAWRS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
So none of it was actually filmed in Tokyo... Crazy. I'm going to have to shoot a few people at universal for destroying the Veilside RX-7 though.

-Dave
 

·
Banned, jk lol
Joined
·
3,866 Posts
Yeah I'm going to see the movie tonight, hopefully there will be SOME respectable cars. But I'll be there mainly for laughter and entertainment.

-Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
GotToyota? said:
Yeah I'm going to see the movie tonight, hopefully there will be SOME respectable cars. But I'll be there mainly for laughter and entertainment.

-Matt

For sure, I mean c'mon "Bow Wow"... "It's called drifting!" haha :rofl:
 

·
Banned, jk lol
Joined
·
3,866 Posts
suprastylin23 said:
For sure, I mean c'mon "Bow Wow"... "It's called drifting!" haha :rofl:
"In drifting, if you ain't out of control, you ain't in control!"

:wtflol: I guarantee you Bow Wow knows nothing about street racing, cars, or drifting for that matter.

-Matt
 

·
J-Spec 4 Life
Joined
·
938 Posts
The chasers came with the same engine as the soarers which i believe is a 2.5L Twin Turbo. Decent speed but in stock form nothing to s stock supra even with another person in my drivers seat :)
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top