Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thought I would post some of the numbers of me driving Tom's Supra.. It is a turbo spd. Has stock intercooler and piping, a DDP exhaust,APR, Boost at 15 psi and I got it down to a 13.3 @107. 13.9 was another. 60ft of 1.94. We turned up the boost to 20 but the clutch started slipping bad in second threw4th :rant2:

Anyway.. Tom ran it once and did a burnout and did it on DRY pavement. (or tried anyway) LOL

Anyhoo. Got some vids I think but he will need to get them up

Mods:

Drive shaft alum
Manual boost control
57 trim turbo
DDP
APR Aermotive
Stock injectors
Lexus AFM
Slipping clutch LOL ha ha ha
Electric fans
Intake by Apexi
Stock fuel pump

Duane

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
dope!
my car must be capable of around that then.
My buddy who I bought it from did 13.9
it's got upgraded intercooler, lexus afm cold air intake, upgraded blow off valve( not sure of brand, or type, think it's a greddy though) full greddy exhaust, 92 turbo.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tom with the maroon mkiii? I thought his car was a auto when I met him at pac nw nat last year was there a swap done?

edit- nvm I just read the other post... not to bad of times

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sweap was done by me and a buddy for him over winter. ;) I should also add that car was a lil squirrly so I let off at end and got back on it so the car had 108 in it at 15 psi ;) Again as I sid, running 20 psi the clutch started to slip BADDDDDDDDD It is a 12 sec car when a clutch goes in it.

Duane

Tom's car just needs a new clutch now. I am at his house now chatting it up and on my way to go drive in Michelles car (with Trav driving) for some boost runs (MKVI)

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,518 Posts
Nice racing Duane...wish i could have been there. Am going this Friday night (import series #4)

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
Yes sweap was done by me and a buddy for him over winter. ;) I should also add that car was a lil squirrly so I let off at end and got back on it so the car had 108 in it at 15 psi ;) Again as I sid, running 20 psi the clutch started to slip BADDDDDDDDD It is a 12 sec car when a clutch goes in it.

Duane

Tom's car just needs a new clutch now. I am at his house now chatting it up and on my way to go drive in Michelles car (with Trav driving) for some boost runs (MKVI)
Actually, it doesn't need a new clutch right away. :x: If I drive it normal at about 12-13psi, seems to be holding fine. That was great fun the other night, even though it cost me a $540.00 SPEC Stage II(2 months old!)Just not a drag racing clutch, my car needs something you can slip hard, maybe a 6-puck.

Thanks to everyone involved; Duane (Racer extradonaire!) Justin,(Great mechanic! Even though he's a V-8 man) :rolleyes: Travis and of course my son Brent, for putting up with my yelling all the time! :furious:

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
91T "Sun Snail" said:
Actually, it doesn't need a new clutch right away. :x: If I drive it normal at about 12-13psi, seems to be holding fine. That was great fun the other night, even though it cost me a $540.00 SPEC Stage II(2 months old!)Just not a drag racing clutch, my car needs something you can slip hard, maybe a 6-puck.

Thanks to everyone involved; Duane (Racer extradonaire!) Justin,(Great mechanic! Even though he's a V-8 man) :rolleyes: Travis and of course my son Brent, for putting up with my yelling all the time! :furious:
Thanks Tom :)

You NEED a 2 step to build boost. Then the clutch will last longer since you will not need to slip it ;) 6 puck is the way to go

PS: I am at Michelle and trav's place now and am heading the tohe track!

Duane

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SupraTrey said:
Right on Duane! Hey....... a little secret....... mines getting closer. Went with a full rebuild and SDS.... more to come. For now my MKII is getting be around :) Hit me up.
About freakin time dude LOL. I tried to call today but no answer so i left you a message with a number to call. I a at Ron's working on my Supra as we speak. (I am on a break :))

Later

Duane

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SupraTrey said:
Sorry I missed your call. I am currently building my first house and trying to work a full time + job. I have no spare time. We will have to meet up soon. What are you doing to the supra?
Lot of new goodies :naughty:

Duane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts