Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
damn.. how did you manage that!

goodluck on the rebuild :) i just went through the same thing 4 months ago. still running strong

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess since it broke 3 out of 6 pistons it's only half blown up :D

Had a nitrous solenoid leak while the car was off, didnt have any idea. went it to start the car, it reved to 9K or so instantly and it was done.

·
Chillen at the Holidae In
254 Posts
I have a friend that blew 3 pistons and cracked his block. That was a bad day. :(

steve

B

·
0 Posts
ktrends said:

Had a nitrous solenoid leak while the car was off, didnt have any idea. went it to start the car, it reved to 9K or so instantly and it was done.
nos = :evil:

·
boost is good
772 Posts
chnco said:
At least you didn't have a nitrous explosion when you cranked it. I've seen pieces of a head put a hole in the hood!
in norwalk this past summer at the dsm shootout john shepards talon did the same thing when he was picking up his time slip...blew off a chunk of his intake manifold threw it through the hood and hit the guy passing out the slips..guy wasnt hurt though luckly

that shit is violent

A

·
0 Posts
NOS can be some scary stuff.

I thought you had a AEM EMS? The fuel cut feature would have saved ya, basically it shuts off fuel if RPMS are too high and the throttle is kept low. Intended for fuel mileage by cutting fuel on decel, but it would have worked in your case.

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
NAWSS!!! (running) sorry i had to throw that F&F line in there, dont flame me i think its funny line... on the other hand, sorry about the engine dude, NOS is a nono.

Brett

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AnArKey said:
NOS can be some scary stuff.

I thought you had a AEM EMS? The fuel cut feature would have saved ya, basically it shuts off fuel if RPMS are too high and the throttle is kept low. Intended for fuel mileage by cutting fuel on decel, but it would have worked in your case.

I don't think you understand how quick this happened. Basicly the car sat in the parking lot with the motor filling itself with nitrous, when I hit the key the motor was FULL of n20. It reved to 8+k <off my tach> INSTANTLY, my foot was no where near the gas pedal. There was no backfire, or anything like that the car just flat reved. When it came down to idle <within a second of starting> it was knocking, so i shut it off and called a tow truck :(

L

·
0 Posts
Granny shiften not double clutchin' like ya should! you're luckey that extra hit of NOS didn't blow the welts on the intake...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lowmazda626 said:
Granny shiften not double clutchin' like ya should! you're luckey that extra hit of NOS didn't blow the welts on the intake...

lol:D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jaynite said:
i guess now you'll turn off your bottle when your not using it.. that sucks.

The reason the bottle was open was becuase I was getting ready to race. I don't make a habbit of leaving the bottle on for no reason.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Damn man, I've seen this same thing happen to too many cars recently! Good luck getting her back to health quickly!

-Andrew:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts