Supra Forums banner

Too Good To Eat Just One! <motor pics inside>

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  x X CLoud X x 
#1 ·
Cyl 2 pic

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I guess since it broke 3 out of 6 pistons it's only half blown up :D

Had a nitrous solenoid leak while the car was off, didnt have any idea. went it to start the car, it reved to 9K or so instantly and it was done.

Discussion starter · #14 ·
AnArKey said:
NOS can be some scary stuff.

I thought you had a AEM EMS? The fuel cut feature would have saved ya, basically it shuts off fuel if RPMS are too high and the throttle is kept low. Intended for fuel mileage by cutting fuel on decel, but it would have worked in your case.

I don't think you understand how quick this happened. Basicly the car sat in the parking lot with the motor filling itself with nitrous, when I hit the key the motor was FULL of n20. It reved to 8+k <off my tach> INSTANTLY, my foot was no where near the gas pedal. There was no backfire, or anything like that the car just flat reved. When it came down to idle <within a second of starting> it was knocking, so i shut it off and called a tow truck :(

Discussion starter · #16 ·
lowmazda626 said:
Granny shiften not double clutchin' like ya should! you're luckey that extra hit of NOS didn't blow the welts on the intake...

lol:D

Discussion starter · #19 ·
jaynite said:
i guess now you'll turn off your bottle when your not using it.. that sucks.

The reason the bottle was open was becuase I was getting ready to race. I don't make a habbit of leaving the bottle on for no reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.