Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you probably think it is wierd that I want to quiet down the car. It has a full 3 inch exhaust all the way back through a turbo muffler. Do you suggest a resonator be added or a quieter muffler or both? Please also suggest what type of muffler of resonator works best.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
This should not be in the technical section in my opinion but you can try several different things. I have a full 3" setup from turbo back with a Blitz Nur Spec which is loud as hell. I put in a lengthy resonator and it made it pretty quiet compared to before. Try a muffler first, like a tanabe or hks or greddy sp to be real quiet.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
a resonator will help alot. the reason the hks and greddy units are so quiet is because they both have fairly large resonators

·
The Doc is in...
526 Posts
This should not be in the technical section in my opinion but you can try several different things. I have a full 3" setup from turbo back with a Blitz Nur Spec which is loud as hell. I put in a lengthy resonator and it made it pretty quiet compared to before. Try a muffler first, like a tanabe or hks or greddy sp to be real quiet.
yeah I have the Blitz Nur Spec, I have the loudest car in the bunch. My Friends have the Apexi GT spec and its QUIET!.

·
Supra Enthusiast
2,382 Posts
That would be my GT Spec Bowser's talking about. I was in your position a few months ago with my car. The sound quality of a shitty ebay muffler just diminishes over time. I spent the extra money and got a nice cat back and won't buy anything else. Try summitracing.com for a resonator. It's well worth it if you're not planning on going with a full aftermarket cat back

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Add a resonator and it will quiet down. OR if you want to go with an actual system thats quieter, go with the HKS Super Dragger. By far the most quiet system Ive heard and it still performs quite well.

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
Go to your local muffler shop and have them put a glass pack in between your cat and muffler. Works like a resonator, but has more packing, will last a bit longer, and will take out the raspy sound. After I added the header on my n/a it was VERY loud. Had a glass pack put in after the test pipe, with new 2 1/2" pipe, and a flow master on the end. Nice and quiet, with good performance, and no pissed off weed eater sound. Very smooth at WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts