Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Le Cauchemar
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an oil change at the gas station for my daily and apparently they put WAYYY too much fucking oil in this junk AND charged me for extra oil. Including the filter, its supposed to have 4.8 quarts as I looked it up while it says on the receipt they put 6 quarts instead.

Is this really bad? Should i go back and throw a fit? is my shit gonna DETONATE?!

its an 02 WRX.

-tiff

T

·
0 Posts
AllYouCanTiff said:
I got an oil change at the gas station for my daily and apparently they put WAYYY too much fucking oil in this junk AND charged me for extra oil. Including the filter, its supposed to have 4.8 quarts as I looked it up while it says on the receipt they put 6 quarts instead.

Is this really bad? Should i go back and throw a fit? is my shit gonna DETONATE?!

its an 02 WRX.

-tiff
Umm, sometimes they just indicate the wrong amount on the receipt. To be sure, I would honestly do it myself (I never trust those lackeys).

As to whether or not it's bad, it's not good. Too much oil could lead to air bubble formation in the oil, which needless to say, is not optimal for lubrication. Furthermore, it can damage seals, leading to leakage among other things. This isn't something that will happen right away, but I'd change it sooner rather than later.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
just drive into their parking lot at night, park on a slight uphill so the oil goes the other way, pull the plug and let it drain onto their parking lot, put the plug back in, put the right amount in, leave a sign that says "get it right next time assholes" and be done.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
umm, just check it???? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I never go to random jackass service stations for oil changes for that reason. I have a few shops I know well and I still tell the manager AND track down the employee EVERY time to make sure they don't overfill. Single turbo Supras are known to sometimes blow the front main seal if there is too much oil--->too much oil pressure, not a good thing. :eek:

If that can't tell you how much they put in and it appears to be over the full line on the dip stick, tell those assholes to redo it----and right this time!

·
Le Cauchemar
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did check, it was 1.5 quarts over. my question is really how bad is too much oil for the engine?

so i should immediately take out 1.5 quarts right?

T

·
0 Posts
AllYouCanTiff said:
yes i did check, it was 1.5 quarts over. my question is really how bad is too much oil for the engine?

so i should immediately take out 1.5 quarts right?
I'd change it sooner rather than later.
That is unless of course you would prefer to risk possible damage:)

It's going to be hard to take out the 1.5 quarts alone, so I would just suggest a complete change (except for the filter, which hopefully they remembered to change).

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Deservice it, brother...there's a reason why there's a 4.x quart limit. Go to the place and show the guy that serviced your car and the manager your Scooby's manual where it shows the oil amount limit. Wow, did they get their certification at Walmart? ASE certified my ass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts