2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
took off water pump whats this stuff?

heres what was hiding out under my water pump

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the smacktards that had the car before shot out the thermostat..I dont even want to let you know what else I found rigged in the engine alone.... im scared when I look at the CUT springs when I take them out and replace w/ the tokico Ills and the eibachs...

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
well aluminum oxide is white... if you use straight water, or not enough coolant, the aluminum will oxidize and leave crud like that. sometimes its caused by electrolysis, i cant remember exactly, but it happens cuz the water gets ionized and is in contact w/ dissimilar metals... just like when you have ferrous bolts going into a non-ferrous metal (steel head bolts in aluminum block) its the whole reason that Anti-seize compound was made.

A

·
0 Posts
Imagine what every coolant passage in your engine looks like - That

ewww, that's gunna take some time to get out

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
DISTILLED WATER PEOPLE!!! DISTILLED WATER!!!!!! :) aight then peace

S

·
0 Posts
Wow, that is nasty!

Then people complain they are overheating for "no reason". :)

The joys of buying a used car.

You'll need to flush the daylights out of it. I would first flush it out with water, and then use a radiator flush chemical. Hopefully that will get most of it out.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
The thermostat didnt dissappear, thats what ppl do when they "take out their thermostats" since you cant REALLY take it out because you'd need a proper seal to lock the thermostat housing in place they gut the thermostat to keep stock seal and keep the flow going. I've done that on several cars without any problems. My car gets VERY efficiently.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts