Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sub 11.99 for stock twins

Auto

1. [email protected] Amar - BL tranny, 3,800 PI stall, 75 shot, and BPU+.

2. [email protected] HotSoup

3. [email protected] 1.555 60ft Erik Doer Sport Compact Pro Oct 2004 at Cecil County Dragway in MD
built Boost Logic auto 3900 stall
bpu ++ 18 inch drag radials
stock twins,stock fuel system, motor, and intake manifold. NO NOS

4. 11.271 @ 118mph
93.5 BL built auto
PI 3800 stall
50 shot
profec B boost controller
MT street radials on stock rear wheels

Stock intercooler
Stock air meter
Still in seq. mode

5. [email protected] 1slow93turbo - 97TT BL Auto
PI3800
3" FULL EXHAUST
SAFC 2
PROFECT B @ 18PSI
ETTC
K&N FILTER
STOCK AIR METER
STOCK INTERCOOLER
275/40/17 MT ET STREET DR

6. [email protected] John H - '96 BL auto
PI 3600
HKS Type S FMIC
Blitz DSBC at 17psi peak
3" RMM DP
Borla exhaust
Stock MAF
275 BFG DR

7. [email protected] Rick S - bl built auto
pi 3600 stall
3 row fmic
vpc
safc
19.5 lbs boost
bfg comp ta 255/50/16

8. [email protected] WayneCar
93 BL AUTO
3800 STALL,NITTO 275/40/17 DR's
HKS TYPE S FMIC
HKS EZ BOOST CONTROLER
RMM DP, GREDDY SP EXHAUST
MAX AIR INTAKE

9. 11.43 93hardtop - BL auto
PI 3800 stall
HKS type R FMIC
Complete fuel system (paxton pump, big lines, rail etc)
RMM DP
TRD 2nd gen Exhaust
HKS SMF intake
HKS DLI
Fluidyne Radiator
TRD thermostat
EGR plates
TTC
HKS FCD

VPC
GCC
HKS EVC

10. [email protected] VeilsideTT - Intake, exhaust, DP, boost controller, BFGs, TC and shift kit

6speed

1. [email protected] twofivebar - stock twins RPS clutch

2. [email protected] TT_6SPD_95 - BPU/AFC/VPC/FMIC/ET STREETS/NOS

3. [email protected] SJ-(KY) - 3in DP
31/2 in N1 Exhaust
9 inch K&N Filter
HKS VPC
HKS GCC
720cc Injectors
HKS 272 Cams
XS Engineering Fm Intercooler
Greddy Type-s BV
RPS 6-Puck Clutch
JL Performance Fuel System
NOS Single Fogger 80-Shot
Bogart 16x10 wheels
Mickey Thompson 26x10-16 slicks

4. [email protected] drift_tt_23 - bpu mods exhaust,intake,afc,avc-r,trd clutch,stock maf,fmic

5. [email protected] Team Toyota - K&N drop in filter
downpipe
exhaust
hks evc
direct port nitrous
hks fuel pump
fuel dampener bypass
ngk plugs
100 octane
on 275-40-17 bfg drag radials on stock wheels

6. [email protected] Ex5.0 - VPC(Zero'd)
RMM DP/HKS Ti
Spearco FMIC
Profec B 19 psi
HKS SMF air filter
B+M Shifter
ET streets 26x10.5-16 NA rims, CCW fronts
100 octane, reset ECU, no headlight
TRD single disc

7. [email protected] tripp_97tt - intake
full exhaust
hks evc easy
hks vpc
hks cam gears
94 odb1 g-force reprogrammed ecu
trd stage 1 clutch stock flywheel
electric fans
17" bfg drag radials

8. [email protected] Chris Bergemann - BPU

9. [email protected] Silver Bullet - Downpipe, exhaust, cam gears, afc, intake, pulled wg hose, et streets

10. [email protected] Guilly Polo BPU + NOS

Bone Stock

1. [email protected] Ryan Woon WOTM

I will keep the top 10 organized but I will keep adding more sub 11.99 passes to the list, but they will not be in order. Thank you

IF YOU POST............PLEASE POST YOUR ET AND MPH AND IF YOU ARE 6SPEED OR AUTO AND YOUR MODS THANKS!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Nero said:
See times in my thread or PM me for info, 11.23 @ 125 BPU Hardtop Supra

Hey there Nero. I couldn't find a link to your thread relating to this pass.

John H

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think the Top 10 times should NOT include any cars that are spraying...just my 2 cents. And yes, an update so HotSoup is number 1 and in the 10's would be great.

Rami

·
Registered
388 Posts
caffecapri said:
I think the Top 10 times should NOT include any cars that are spraying...just my 2 cents. Rami
Stock twins means stock twins. Lets not start regulating what other mods the cars are "allowed" to have. One guy might use a high stall to get his 60' down. Others might want to use a smaller stall and some nitrous at the track if they daily drive the car. Same result, different set of mods (all stock twins like the title says). Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
SupraT04r said:
Stock twins means stock twins. Lets not start regulating what other mods the cars are "allowed" to have. One guy might use a high stall to get his 60' down. Others might want to use a smaller stall and some nitrous at the track if they daily drive the car. Same result, different set of mods (all stock twins like the title says). Just my 2 cents.
bullshit, a higher stall is going to take power away giving a better 60ft....nitrous adds from 50-75 horsepwer...its a POWER ADDER and will improve the times all around. To race someone with stock twins running a 11.2 vs a 11.2 with a 50 shot is like comparing apples to oranges.

Jason

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
HotSoup said:
bullshit, a higher stall is going to take power away giving a better 60ft....nitrous adds from 50-75 horsepwer...its a POWER ADDER and will improve the times all around. To race someone with stock twins running a 11.2 vs a 11.2 with a 50 shot is like comparing apples to oranges.

Jason
So then why not make it a thread about stock twins running stock boost with all stock parts??? :rolleyes:

The thread is about stock twins with whatever mods, just cause you don;t like nitrous doesn't mean everyone else has to think like you.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
pituala said:
The thread is about stock twins with whatever mods, just cause you don;t like nitrous doesn't mean everyone else has to think like you.
FWIW, I run nitrous....its just not a fair comparison to a stock twin car with nitrous and no nitrous.

Jason

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
But comparing a Stock car to a BPU car isn't fair either, so where does it stop?

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
pituala said:
But comparing a Stock car to a BPU car isn't fair either, so where does it stop?
Sorry, but if you are trying to get into the top 10 with a stock car...you have problems.

Jason

·
Registered
388 Posts
HotSoup said:

Jason
Ok Ok Ok....your missing my point. Why dont you make a class for:

Stock twins/no nitrous
Stock twins/no boost controller
Stock twins/no fuel management
ect

I dont consider a High stall car and a factory converter car Apples to Apples. But.......if they are still on factory twins they would be on this list together. The title is: "Top 10 1/4 mile times for stock twins" period. That was my original point.

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
SupraT04r said:

Stock twins/no nitrous
ect

I dont consider a High stall car and a factory converter car Apples to Apples. But.......if they are still on factory twins they would be on this list together. The title is: "Top 10 1/4 mile times for stock twins" period. That was my original point.
Good luck, I cant even get the mod here to update the current list :rolleyes:

This pisses me off because I worked hard to get my car to run what it did without the use of nitrous to get into the 10's....I still get the well so and so done it on a 75 shot...BIG DIFFERENCE IMO.

Jason

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
SupraT04r said:

Stock twins/no nitrous
ect

NITROUS IS CLASSIFIED AS A "POWER ADDER" IN THE SAME REGARDS THAT A SINGLE TURBO IS A "POWER ADDER". A SINGLE TURBO + NITROUS IS "TWO POWER ADDERS".

Come race at any of the National Supra events. Nitrous on top of stock turbos will put you in the single turbo class as rightly so.

There is no debate about this because that is fact. Mentioning classes for no boost controller or no fuel mgt is just being rediculous and is no comparison. Trying to justify useage of nitrous as a bandaid to an otherwise slow Supra is always humorous. Obviously I'm not talking about the people who can run mid/low 11s off their nitrous.

Bringing up "stock" is even worse. Anyone claiming good "stock" times in any car is more than likely NOT bone stock. An unknown crack in a vac hose on a 13yr old Supra can yield 50hp.

John H

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
HotSoup said:
Good luck, I cant even get the mod here to update the current list :rolleyes:
Actually, the #4 auto slot was added to the list after you ran the 10.9.

I vote the list be moved to Off-Topic or Myspace so it can be updated regularly.

JH

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good god, you guys take this way to seriously :rolleyes: I just dont see why we need 18 damn lists.
I know my car is obliously a "band aid" car. I dont care if im even on a list. I have an old supra with all the old vacum hoses on it, and the TWO times Ive raced it modded, I can go run a low 11 pass an have FUN by just bolting a couple of parts on it. I have a life beyond my car that gets more of my time.

If anything just make the list longer than 10, Its just nice to be able to come here and look at the great times people are running on stock turbos and see what combination of parts they used to achieve it. This isnt NHRA, its Supraforums.

Woohoo! you guys get the stock twin trophies. I just want a simple list.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
SupraT04r said:
I just dont see why we need 18 damn lists.

If anything just make the list longer than 10, Its just nice to be able to come here and look at the great times people are running on stock turbos and see what combination of parts they used to achieve it.

I just want a simple list.

I agree with all those comments of yours. You're the only one even mentioning multiple lists. In all the comments in this thread that existed before [WHICH WERE DELETED] the vast majority of the people involved with the list stated there should only be ONE list. A No-Nitrous listing including both 6spds and Autos. The list should be to compare combinations of mods like you said so each person should be required to list their mods and whether 6spd or auto of course.

There are quite a few names listed on those lists which should be removed because they were added by pure speculation from the original thread "Uhh this guy so and so ran a 10.x a few years back I think". <~No kidding. The times should be verified or witnessed as well. The list length should be around 50 with a cut off of 11.99. If you want another list for nitrous, so be it. If it's for comparison as you state, nitrous does not belong on the listing without it. No comparison whatsoever.

The stock list of one person is silly and only looks like someone is ass kissing.

So that makes 2 lists. Stock twins and stock twins + nitrous. There are 3 lists now. Make all the unknowns re-submit and add details and verify if they can. You agree?

John H

·
Registered
9,670 Posts
John H said:
I agree with all those comments of yours. You're the only one even mentioning multiple lists. In all the comments in this thread that existed before [WHICH WERE DELETED] the vast majority of the people involved with the list stated there should only be ONE list. A No-Nitrous listing including both 6spds and Autos. The list should be to compare combinations of mods like you said so each person should be required to list their mods and whether 6spd or auto of course.

There are quite a few names listed on those lists which should be removed because they were added by pure speculation from the original thread "Uhh this guy so and so ran a 10.x a few years back I think". <~No kidding. The times should be verified or witnessed as well. The list length should be around 50 with a cut off of 11.99. If you want another list for nitrous, so be it. If it's for comparison as you state, nitrous does not belong on the listing without it. No comparison whatsoever.

The stock list of one person is silly and only looks like someone is ass kissing.

So that makes 2 lists. Stock twins and stock twins + nitrous. There are 3 lists now. Make all the unknowns re-submit and add details and verify if they can. You agree?

John H
John,
Thats all fine and dandy...but WHO is going to make the list? We dont even have a mod here.....

Jason

1 - 20 of 25 Posts