Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Are you enjoying a road trip this Fourth of July weekend?

There are thousands of roadways in the U.S. to enjoy, but unfortunately, life is short and there aren’t always opportunities to drive on all of them. So we decided to pick out 10 of the best roads to experience in the U.S., with some of them offering breathtaking sights while others are simply fun to drive.
Read more about the Top 10 Best Roads to Drive in the US at AutoGuide.com.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Tail of the Dragon - definitely.
Lombard Street - no way.
Add Road Atlanta!

·
Pumps 1 and 2, hit 'em!
971 Posts
Tail of the Dragon.

The rest are for bleeping tourists, worthless.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I'm going to say Tail of the dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge parkway from personal experience. The videos/pics I've seen showing the Pacific coast highway look really nice and would be neat to drive it.

@Silver Supra If were adding Road courses mine would be Watkins Glen (pre chicane in back section). Porsche 962 set back strait speed record 212mph. 1992 Davy Jones in the Jaguar XJR14 sets the record as North Americas fastest Road course at 150.334mph on the short course and i was there with my dad. Fun times and Badass cars.

·
1%er
660 Posts
7 mile bridge one of my favorite places in the whole world. the rest not so sure. lombard st. no way. and what exactly are we driving on these roads? i noticed the 3rd one looks like a dirt road. denali highway. uuuummmm nope. not for supras. more like land cruiser. also are these roads without picture taking 90 year old 14mph driving with a turn signal on and looking the rear view mirror the whole time drivers? if so then i would consider these to be drivers roads then. but I'm guessing not.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
The Dragon is not scenic, and totally sucks during motorcycle season. Cherohala Skyway is boring and the views aren't that great. Blue Ridge Parkway definitely has the best views on the East coast.

·
Boost Junkie
12,614 Posts
The Dragon is not scenic, and totally sucks during motorcycle season. Cherohala Skyway is boring and the views aren't that great. Blue Ridge Parkway definitely has the best views on the East coast.
The scenic part of the Tail is driving to it LOL. Def don't want to be on that road on the weekend.

Steve

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
Seven Mile Bridge is no fun, especially if you get stuck behind some dick haling his boat at 35mph.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
^ great points about what effects the pleasure of the drive besides just the road itself (e.g. traffic). I recall driving east from central Idaho over the mountains into Wyoming and then up into Grand Teton and Yellowstone and it was a spectacular drive but there was almost nobody else on the road at that time since it was before the tourists hit the national parks. A month or more later it could be a traffic jam.

·
The Great Beast 666
463 Posts
It forgot here in Pasadena Highway specifically Arroyo Seco Parkway

·
Registered
89 Posts
East coast? Ah dunno.
Washington: Ben Hobart Road. Out of Sultan,WA.
2 lane,fresh asphault,grippy,scenic. Shifting and drifting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
Ever done 70 in a 35 zone?
This is it.
That tune makes me SPEED!
This one as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I
OH CRAP, I'm doing a 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HA
HA HA!!!

Road tunes that make you speed.
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?40818-ROAD-TUNES-that-make-you-speed-BOYEEEE!
SET the speed at what you like,not what you want.
SIV? Punch it!
There are way cool rollers in the desert to even get AIR on.
Mostly boring drive,I'll warn you. 90 is about right.

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
^ great points about what effects the pleasure of the drive besides just the road itself (e.g. traffic). I recall driving east from central Idaho over the mountains into Wyoming and then up into Grand Teton and Yellowstone and it was a spectacular drive but there was almost nobody else on the road at that time since it was before the tourists hit the national parks. A month or more later it could be a traffic jam.
Driving anywhere in that region is fun and scenic. Our experience, even during tourist season, is that only the actual tourist attractions are crowded and not that many vehicles on the roads around them. Of course, when you find a caravan, it is probably headed by a truck pulling a camper pulling a boat!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I try and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway every spring and fall. I love it. I go with my car club and we camp out each time. I highly recommend it to anyone within a reasonable distance.

As an added bonus that is awesome craft beer country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts