Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
The LS will most likely be a more reliable and well built car than the big merc but I don't think toyo has nearly caught them in the technology race. Mercedes has been the benchmark in this segment for year and years. Interesting tidbit Mercedes freely shared their patent on airbags because they thought it was such a vital safety feature.

·
Registered
833 Posts
phillyrollin said:
The LS will most likely be a more reliable and well built car than the big merc but I don't think toyo has nearly caught them in the technology race. Mercedes has been the benchmark in this segment for year and years. Interesting tidbit Mercedes freely shared their patent on airbags because they thought it was such a vital safety feature.
You kidding me? Mercedes doesn't even have a hybrid, all their stake is in diesel. Plus

http://inventors.about.com/od/astartinventions/a/air_bags.htm said:
"General Motors tested airbags on the 1973 model Chevrolet automobile that were only sold for government use."

"The 1973, Oldsmobile Toronado was the first car with a passenger air bag intended for sale to the public."

Not sure what patent Mercedes "shared." Guess you will have to look in to that.

could be this:

"However, rudemental patents for airbags go back to the 1950s. Patent applications were submitted by German Walter Linderer and American John W. Hedrik as early as 1953 "

Sam

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The new S is bad ass, but with the problems i have had out of my last 4 merc's ill probably never own another one unless some one wants to sale a "65" for like $10K..... We had the same problems with BMW in the early 90's and have never owned another one. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts