Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be putting on my rear diffuser soon with the brackets it came with. Since I am pretty sure the diffuser is just for looks.. I want to know how fast have you have been with the rear diffuser on your Supra. I would hate for the rear diffuser to come off going 140+ mph.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't you get 3 pieces of diffuser?
Yes I did. The main diffuser and two sides (not the vortex generators).

I want to make sure this thing is stable/sturdy at high speeds..

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome !! thanks for all the feed back !

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am pretty sure the diffuser was created for high speed runs so there should be no problems. and as people have said the original TS one did close to 200mph. The shine one is a perfect replica so there would be no problems with it. Granted if you wanted it completely stable you would want the associated vortex generators etc and maybe beef up the brackets that come with it.
I think there is someone here that has taken their car to the salt flats maybe ask them if they were using a diffuser...

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ry! PICS!
For sure..I'm sure you will seem them first before I post them on SF haha!

I am pretty sure the diffuser was created for high speed runs so there should be no problems. and as people have said the original TS one did close to 200mph. The shine one is a perfect replica so there would be no problems with it. Granted if you wanted it completely stable you would want the associated vortex generators etc and maybe beef up the brackets that come with it.
I think there is someone here that has taken their car to the salt flats maybe ask them if they were using a diffuser...
Thanks for the info. !

·
"OVER BOOSTED"
314 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but sometimes when you do a search it will help others.
Anyways I think the brackets it came with are junk!!
They bent on the first few bumps at 60MPH. I tossed those out and made my own out of 1/2" x 1" flat bar.
I put the brackets on the outside (cradle effect) then used some what of the shines and top secret front bracket idea to mount the part that is closest to the license plate.

If anyone needs pictures or needs the material to do this please feel free to PM me
Tell me the height you want it and I will make the brackets for you. just pay the shipping and small material cost.
Yea I know its cool that SHINE made the brackets adjustable but they are not strong enough
With my way you can almost stand on it with knowing it won't budge.
I will post more pictures later.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but sometimes when you do a search it will help others.
They bent on the first few bumps at 60MPH. I tossed those out and made my own out of 1/2" x 1" flat bar.
I put the brackets on the outside (cradle effect) then used some what of the shines and top secret front bracket idea to mount the part that is closest to the license plate.

If anyone needs pictures or needs the material to do this please feel free to PM me
Tell me the height you want it and I will make the brackets for you. just pay the shipping and small material cost.
Yea I know its cool that SHINE made the brackets adjustable but they are not strong enough
I have a shine diffuser not installed yet. When you say how high, is it because of how large and low hanging the exhaust canister that dictate how you mount the diffuser? I would love some heavy duty brackets too! I have an HKS dragger exhaust

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm also pretty sure that the diffuser was made to stay on the car and keep it down at high speeds. Maybe it's not as good of quality as the TS one, but i dont think they would make a product like that just for looks, considering diffusers are made for aerodynamics. If you want the whole CF setup from shine, they sell it for like $1200, i would hope this product stays on at high speeds! Just make sure you have it mounted good and you should be fine! I myself am planning on getting one shortly, obviously not for performance. I think they look sick! Sweet lookin supra btw.

·
From the land down under
4,733 Posts
Does somebody have the dimensions of the main section please? I have found a diffuser locally that looks identical to the TS/shine item so I want to compare it to confirmed measurements.

Any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Does somebody have the dimensions of the main section please? I have found a diffuser locally that looks identical to the TS/shine item so I want to compare it to confirmed measurements.

Any help appreciated :)
They are all copies. Shine is a copy too but they are made here in the US. I don't have my Shine diffuser with me to do the measurement for you though!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Subbed to this thread. (i recently parted with a full cf shine replica but plan on purchasing again - most likely an frp replica as i couldnt bare chipping away the cf)

Also great write up from MassiveCaC - I'll definitely be in contact if i go ahead with purchases

·
Registered
257 Posts

That was soo much fun putting on LOL

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Massive! I'll probably PM you when I am ready to put on my diffuser.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts