Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Top speed for a stock n/a MKIV?

Anyone know the top speed for a stock n/a MKIV supra?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it's about 150 or 160. I got close to 160 and I slowed down.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
suprafly79 said:
I got up to 140 @ about 5500 rpm
car still had some juice left not sure how much though...
didn't wanna beat on the car ....love it too much
ya specially with overdrive off. You gotta be careful cause like my entire car was rattling at like 110 in 3rd gear... so i wouldnt push it too hard

Rob~

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only got to 130...

I got my 97 NA supra (stock, except for catback borla exhaust) up to about 128 @ 6200 rpm. I always thought it sat a bit high, because even at 60 mph its almost @ 3000 rpm in 5th. Is there something wrong with my car, or what?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SonGohanX
I got my 97 NA supra (stock, except for catback borla exhaust) up to about 128 @ 6200 rpm. I always thought it sat a bit high, because even at 60 mph its almost @ 3000 rpm in 5th. Is there something wrong with my car, or what?
My 95 NA is bone stock and it is also around 3000rpm in 5th gear @60mph.

I read in another thread on this forum that the top speed of the automatic NA is 148.2 and the 5speed is 146.2

That's just what someone else posted, though. I'm not sure if that's accurate. If rw3 got close to 160mph, then maybe it's wrong.

What mods do you have rw3?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know of a website that has official top speeds for various cars?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Do a search, but the published top speeds for the n/a are: 146 mph/5sp & 148 mph auto. Shall we start a new thread for top speed? I haven't done a top end run on mine yet;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did go up to 140 on my old NA. But, it was screaming too loud and I felt sorry for her. So, I slowed down. I think it was near the max. :D

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
These are high reving dual cam six cyclinder your going to have to keep it at or near redline threw everygear to make power and a bone stock n/a mkiv supra does 148 its a fact after they have the speed limiter disabled. i have had my car up to about 150 i dont know how accurate the speedo is but i was at 7k in fourth gear i have a auto. and as for cruising at 60-65 my tach is at 3kish ..

Hope this helps~Brett(XDreamer)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vreaux728645 said:
Do a search, but the published top speeds for the n/a are: 146 mph/5sp & 148 mph auto. Shall we start a new thread for top speed? I haven't done a top end run on mine yet;)
Where are these top speeds published?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know with overdrive off, for every 200RPM you go 5mph faster, so figure it out.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
hows our OD work?

rw3 said:
I know with overdrive off, for every 200RPM you go 5mph faster, so figure it out.
its electronic OD right..? meaning there's not really a 4th gear...? if thats so..how does that work.
Bob

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
135 @ 4700 rpm!? I'm guessing you don't have a stock tranny, but correct me if I'm wrong.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With intake and exhaust I hit 145 mph............and she still had some room bout another 1,000 rpm's...........and the car was absolutely stable at a sustained speed of 135+ mph.:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts