Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to drive a sleeper Supra, low 13's, looked like ass. Body panels dinged in, black rims, etc. I am putting the engine back in and hope to be much faster, but I was torn between going stock, wingless, black rim look, or Bomex UAD-068 + chrome MKIV rims + a fresh coat of paint. I am going to paint the car regardless, but a sleeper is damn fun. I was thinking about making the car a little nicer looking, but the only problem is, I have a lot of electronics/gauges in the car, and I live in NY and park on the streets. Wouldn't want a break in... Any ideas on making a clean, nice looking MKIII that isn't attractive to theives?

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already got the chromed rims and they are heavy as hell :( . Does anyone know the various wheel weights of polished vs. chromed vs. regular? Also, how do I tell the difference between the types?

I have a huge FMIC, polished, but it hides pretty well behind the stock grill. I was going to put some chicken wire or something like that to hide it, but no need.

As far as the whaletail goes, I am in love with it, so I think I will get it. Thanks for the advice.

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The chromed rims are MKIV TT rims. Are they really that heavy?

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
punkybooster89t said:
There's some site that has the exact weight, but I know they're about 23-24lbs each.
You are on the money:
Weight Comparison (Front/Rear)
23.6 lb / 25.4 lb ('98) - lighter w/o ctr ridges
24.75 lb / 26.55 lb ('93-'97)

I was wondering if there was a diff between chrome/polished/regular.

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nocheez said:
sell the n/a and buy a turbo. the performance gains with just shimming the wastegate would be cheaper and more productive than doing the swap, and without the hassle.
I think it would be worth your time investing in a turbo. Sell yours, and pick up a turbo. They are cheap now (bc of winter, no one wants a sports car).

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nocheez said:
sure, your anecdotal evidence may show that YOU found them for $350, but that's a used price, and quality on used wheels varies. OEM i'm sure is probably a little less than that per wheel. you can find aftermarket rims for $350 used as well. you've gotta compare apples to apples.

It is hard to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels for that price. Hands down, MKIV rims are the nicest looking + most functional + best price. They look similar to the 5 spokes on 91+, and are not too flashy.
I am gonna go stock look + whale tail + black rims. Nothing beats black rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.