Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,282 Posts
hawkeye said:
Uh because they serve a purpose? :scratch: Wider tires for better traction on a stockish looking rim is WAYY different then a fake badge or sticker.

This is such a retarded comment I am almost in shock.
no, i'm just saying that for the price of mkiv rims you could go aftermarkets, and get even wider tires. i'm not a fan of putting OEM rims from the wrong car on my cars. no hate, man.

· Registered
3,282 Posts
Jaguar said:
I have a similar dilemma. Come tax return time I am gonna have some dough and a good chunk of it is gonna go to my car. I can't decide if I want to make it look nice, or make her faster. I'm N/A so my idea of faster is a turbo swap or at least NA-T. My car has a lil rust, c couple of dings and one dent! :( The interior is a bit faded, and I need some new gauges (long explanation). So what would you do? Apply your tax return to the pursuit of going turbo? Or would u make the N/A look nice in the mean time until u can go turbo?
sell the n/a and buy a turbo. the performance gains with just shimming the wastegate would be cheaper and more productive than doing the swap, and without the hassle.

· Registered
3,282 Posts
AZmkiii said:
I got my MKIV's for $350 and they still had tires left on them (no tread but it would roll and enough to see what it would look like) good luck gettings a nice set of wheels as wide as TT MKIV's for that price.
sure, your anecdotal evidence may show that YOU found them for $350, but that's a used price, and quality on used wheels varies. OEM i'm sure is probably a little less than that per wheel. you can find aftermarket rims for $350 used as well. you've gotta compare apples to apples.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.