Supra Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Republican
Joined
·
9,678 Posts
I guess i would say, go for a clean look. thats what im doing. good paint, nice rims, and im gonna get that bomex front lip. thats it. and then go kill every car out there
 

· Destroyer of Turbos
Joined
·
4,882 Posts
Sleep w/ a clean look would be nice. Tint the windows and it helps w/ theives. If they cant see in they cant see what may or may not be good to steal. forget the whale tail.. dont go w/ the "rce look"
 

· Chris Dickens
Joined
·
8,112 Posts
I have a similar dilemma. Come tax return time I am gonna have some dough and a good chunk of it is gonna go to my car. I can't decide if I want to make it look nice, or make her faster. I'm N/A so my idea of faster is a turbo swap or at least NA-T. My car has a lil rust, c couple of dings and one dent! :( The interior is a bit faded, and I need some new gauges (long explanation). So what would you do? Apply your tax return to the pursuit of going turbo? Or would u make the N/A look nice in the mean time until u can go turbo?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
Jaguar said:
I have a similar dilemma. Come tax return time I am gonna have some dough and a good chunk of it is gonna go to my car. I can't decide if I want to make it look nice, or make her faster. I'm N/A so my idea of faster is a turbo swap or at least NA-T. My car has a lil rust, c couple of dings and one dent! :( The interior is a bit faded, and I need some new gauges (long explanation). So what would you do? Apply your tax return to the pursuit of going turbo? Or would u make the N/A look nice in the mean time until u can go turbo?
sell the n/a and buy a turbo. the performance gains with just shimming the wastegate would be cheaper and more productive than doing the swap, and without the hassle.
 

· helps you jump higher
Joined
·
3,319 Posts
Nocheez said:
no, i'm just saying that for the price of mkiv rims you could go aftermarkets, and get even wider tires. i'm not a fan of putting OEM rims from the wrong car on my cars. no hate, man.

I got my MKIV's for $350 and they still had tires left on them (no tread but it would roll and enough to see what it would look like) good luck gettings a nice set of wheels as wide as TT MKIV's for that price.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,282 Posts
AZmkiii said:
I got my MKIV's for $350 and they still had tires left on them (no tread but it would roll and enough to see what it would look like) good luck gettings a nice set of wheels as wide as TT MKIV's for that price.
sure, your anecdotal evidence may show that YOU found them for $350, but that's a used price, and quality on used wheels varies. OEM i'm sure is probably a little less than that per wheel. you can find aftermarket rims for $350 used as well. you've gotta compare apples to apples.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nocheez said:
sell the n/a and buy a turbo. the performance gains with just shimming the wastegate would be cheaper and more productive than doing the swap, and without the hassle.
I think it would be worth your time investing in a turbo. Sell yours, and pick up a turbo. They are cheap now (bc of winter, no one wants a sports car).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nocheez said:
sure, your anecdotal evidence may show that YOU found them for $350, but that's a used price, and quality on used wheels varies. OEM i'm sure is probably a little less than that per wheel. you can find aftermarket rims for $350 used as well. you've gotta compare apples to apples.

It is hard to find a nice set of aftermarket wheels for that price. Hands down, MKIV rims are the nicest looking + most functional + best price. They look similar to the 5 spokes on 91+, and are not too flashy.
I am gonna go stock look + whale tail + black rims. Nothing beats black rims.
 

· Chris Dickens
Joined
·
8,112 Posts
91T4 said:
I think it would be worth your time investing in a turbo. Sell yours, and pick up a turbo. They are cheap now (bc of winter, no one wants a sports car).
Guys, the demand for an N/A is not very high. The most I could get away with selling my car for would be like $1500. The only turbo I could get for $1500 would be a crappy one. Or if I add in the grand or so I would get from my tax return we're talking $2500 which is better, but within 6 months I'd probably have a BHG, or a bad tranny or something and I just went thru that.

My NA is super dependable. I just dropped about $1700 to get my NA into roadworthy condition. I swapped the engine, the tranny, not to mention all of the bullshit parts along the way. As a result, I am next door to broke. But my car runs and drives worry free. I am not willing to start over.

Wise man once said "Fast, Cheap, and Reliable.. You can only have two." I went with Cheap, and Reliable. Now I want the fast part of the equation. But to be fast and reliable, it ain't gonna be cheap. I think I'm just gonna save my ass off and swap turbo when I can afford the MHG, the ARP, and any other acronyms I'll need along the way. But ditching the car that I just got running well... I don't think so. Homie don't play that...
 

· Rooftop Sniper
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
I'm pretty sure non mk3 people could tell if the Bomex kit was an add on. They'd probably think all supras came with it.

Big rims is asking for trouble. Keep the sawblades or whatever you have for the sleeper look.

Don't fix any dings or chipped paint if you want a real sleeper.
 
G

·
I used to have an mk2 that was a rust bucket, bubbled 5% tint without an exaust.
It ran a low 13. I loved the expressions I got from beating guys with 30K cars. I outran an mkIV on the freeway once! He stopped at around 120 mph. hehehehe....I loved that car.
 
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top