Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you, I'm always looking for ways to make more power. Just last week I made my own cold air kit and now I'm thinking of incorporating the Tornado into my 4" intake piping. For those who haven't heard of it you can go to http:www.Tornadofuelsaver.com and see how this product added 20 RWHP to an Impala. Has anyone tried this? I'm about to and I'll keep you posted.

·
411 HP GSXR / 203 HP Vrod
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The unit I'm going to try is the KI-95 which will fit the size of the interior of my intake piping which is 95 millimeters.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
man at first this guy with a viper was eating me alive every time i saw him and i felt so bad since i could not really do much to my vehicle .to help kep up i thought .but then i saw the add for the tornado and thought let me try this its cheaper than most add on items ..well i recived it a few days later and it was very very easy for my me to install took me only 10 minutes yup only ten!
well the next day i saw them viper guy HA HA HA HA i had something planed for him at the next light !;)

well we line up at the light me in the far left him on the far right and when the light turned i took off zoooooommmmm
i went strait hhahahhahhahahhahahh i beat him all the way down the street i could not even see him in my mirror(mabe it was because when the light turned green he turned to make a right to the side street )but anyway i still won that will teach them to mess with me and my tornado equpied Expedition!

NOTE:these results are not typical and we can not guarentee the car you are going to race will turn off and let you win a race he is not in!

·
Never fast enough
331 Posts
They work great on Turbo cars, the swirl effect will lessen the work on the turbo which will help the turbos spool allowing you to reach peak boost faster. The swirl effect also keeps the air charge cool, allowing you room to run a little more boost. You should get an easy 40RWHP from it without running more boost, the're great everybody runs them. (sometimes in secret cause the're easily hidden)

Just make sure you don't install it backwards or it'll un-swirl the air, robbing you of power.

·
0 Posts
Antivenom,
You're kidding, right? That stupid tornado thing has been tested by a lot of people, and found to do nothing but obstruct intake airflow. If it worked, every auto manufacturer would use it, but it doesn't. Its just like "slick 50", marketing bullshit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
95SupraSE,
Marketing Bull Shit at its best;)

Antivenom,
I doubt very seriously that a 40 rwhp gain would be made by putting something like this Tornado, that looks like it would seriously impede the flow to your turbo, on your car. The air going to your turbo's compressor needs to be as smooth and uninterrupted as possible. No swirl, no twirl, just smooth flow. Somewhat smooth as your airfilter is not the best thing either, but definetly a must.

·
Never fast enough
331 Posts
:D I love playing with these "tornado" guys!

It's one of those things that happen on every car MB, somebody finds that site or sees it on TV and falls for the techno-sounding BS like I threw out then comes asking about it on a MB. It's good he asked here first, but this scam has been going on for a long time. Even people that don't know anything about cars can tell this is a scam, just like prolong and all of those super waxes from TV.

I was going to toss in the old blinker fluid joke into my story but didn't want to make it too easy.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
you guys are crazy did you read my testimony!
RanGer498 said:
man at first this guy with a viper was eating me alive every time i saw him and i felt so bad since i could not really do much to my vehicle .to help kep up i thought .but then i saw the add for the tornado and thought let me try this its cheaper than most add on items ..well i recived it a few days later and it was very very easy for my me to install took me only 10 minutes yup only ten!
well the next day i saw them viper guy HA HA HA HA i had something planed for him at the next light !;)

well we line up at the light me in the far left him on the far right and when the light turned i took off zoooooommmmm
i went strait hhahahhahhahahhahahh i beat him all the way down the street i could not even see him in my mirror(mabe it was because when the light turned green he turned to make a right to the side street )but anyway i still won that will teach them to mess with me and my tornado equpied Expedition!

NOTE:these results are not typical and we can not guarentee the car you are going to race will turn off and let you win a race he is not in!

·
Never fast enough
331 Posts
I doubt very seriously that a 40 rwhp gain would be made by putting something like this Tornado, that looks like it would seriously impede the flow to your turbo, on your car. The air going to your turbo's compressor needs to be as smooth and uninterrupted as possible. No swirl, no twirl, just smooth flow. Somewhat smooth as your airfilter is not the best thing either, but definetly a must.
Airfilters and tornados do cause a restriction to airflow, but the turbo doesn't really care if the air is smooth or not. It's more like the turbo is going to force the air into its own flow.

B

·
0 Posts
Turbo

I would expect, given physics, that if you were able to swirl the air the right way, it would make it .00002% easier for the turbo to spool and compress the air. However, I doubt the tornado thing does that. Also, you want straight air for the air sensor, not swirled so I would expect it to cause slightly unreliable air readings. I suppose if it caused the sensor to mistakingly read low, and you went a bit lean, that would give you a bit of HP. Rather dumb way to do it, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts