Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
I believe i'll be in scottland during thouse times.

Wish you all the best though ron on the dyno!

·
Spencer
822 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I never considered it. What day(s) is it? Do you have to enter somehow or can you just show up? I'm always a bit leary about bringing my car out to big events for fear of the police...

It would be cool though to have the 3 of our Supras lined up side by side.

·
Spencer
822 Posts
If you want to show you have to leave your car there thusday the 6th and pick it up on Sunday. I was skeptical about leaving my car somewhere overnight, but I have been told it is indoors and guarded 24 hrs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm ok leaving it there for a couple days - It's insured to 175,000 policy, and I'm sure there is show insurance too. I would like to get into the TRD booth though with some Supras - I think that'd be trick.

I posted on C7 but Brandon hasn't replied yet - hopefully he'll be able to hook ppl up with TRD.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I will be there with pit passes for the events, but no supra.

·
Registered
481 Posts
BLACKMKIV said:
what about Phil at Adrenaline aka Suprafanatic?
Hey Spence - I don't think I'll be finished with the race car in time to get in on the dyno - it won't even be painted by then! The other MKIV's we have here are mostly stock and we can calculate based on mods without a dyno run. We should have a couple of 1J's MKIII's ready though. We are also building an all steel wide bodied MKIII with a Holset custom single 2JZ which should spin the rollers in the 700RWHP range if all goes well - the motor is ready, but the car isn't....
I'll bring the MKII - all 142RWHP of it! :gaysex:
I might bring the Veilside beast - it still needs a new home...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, all looks well for my Supra for the show - it's just finishing up this weekend, and will be ready for 5 days of dyno next week to make sure we get it all tuned properly.

I'm gonna need slicks for the dyno as I did the last time I ran 1100+.

Does anyone have a set of 15-16" Welds w/ some gumball or hoosiers they can either sell me or let me borrow for the dyno? I'll buy new tires for them as gratis for the rental :)

--ron

·
Registered
481 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:
What sort of engine management are you running on the 2JZ MK3?
I had recommended the AEM but as the customer had already spent HUGE on an ECU for his yet to be built 7M project (which I talked him out of, of course :bootyshak ) he is using something I've never heard of - HYDRA NEMESIS EMS - (http://www.hydraems.com/)
It will be another learning experience once it arrives back from being reflashed for the DEI instead of waste spark that the 7M uses.

Ron - touch base with Ryan - Spoolin Turbo -
he is a quarter mile junkie and likely has a set of stickies for you. Hope to make it out to see another 1000HP+ MKIV - I haven't been awed since Peter Blach's 1198RWHP in Texas :bowrofl:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, lemme tell ya that we're gunning for abbout 1250-1300 rwhp, and based on the fuel and setup we got going on now, we should be more than capable of hitting that without NOS.

I'll let you know more numbers next week when I hit them.

I'm running electromotive Tec3r now and it's so smooth. Call my buddy and tech in Toronto - Steve @ mpsys.ca (416-252-0866) - He's doing some last minute work on my car now, and he's the electromotive dealer in Toronto - this ECU doesn't require an HKS DLI or MSD DIS-4 - it has it built in (and a more powerful version at that), and it's super super configurable - unbelievable control to 0.1 degrees, with individual cylinder trim control in case you have hot cylinders.

I do have my Haltech e6k for sale w/ coils and crank and harness for cheap too :)

--ron

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey - latest news on the show:

http://www.gptautoexpo.com/

They are gonna have some nice events, but they confirmed that they scrubbed the dyno event. One reason was due to the portable dyno that they had is only good for 1000 hp - They didn't get into the second reason.

Also interesting news is that TRD will not be there as there is some drama between Ford and TRD and the show organizers.

I'm still going! :)

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
would have been fun if I could go!

I'd try to spin the wheels on the dyno to a good number for the mk3! ;)

·
Crazy Canadian MKIV
178 Posts
I might be driving the MKIV down to toronto at that time . Moving there for a few months.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts