Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Can someone tell me whether the higher stall torque converter from a NA 7m auto tranny would work with the NA 2jz auto? I know for sure the 2jzgte auto tranny converter won't fit.

·
435 RWHP @ 17 PSI
211 Posts
High stall/low stall doesn't matter. I'm doing a 2jzgte swap right now and found that the 2jzge or 1jzgte or 1jzge are all interchangeable supposedly with my 7m a340e but the 2jzgte torque converter is not. The 2jzgte has a different bellhousing, different TC and may require a different DS. The input shafts are different for the two transmissions...the 2jzgte a341e and the 7m(2jzge, 1jz) a340e

Hope this helps.

Most MK3 guys that do a swap go 1jz or 1.5jz not only because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than doing a 2jzgte swap but that it's also a lot easier to do. I'm lucky I have a buddy whose very skilled doing mine right now but for most people save yourself the hassle and the added expense. His 1.5jzgte dynoed at 643 RWHP which is pretty sweet but he has had a 2j over 900 before so it's all in what you want & what you can afford. My 2jzgte motor with a 2jzge auto bellhousing mated to my stock 7m or even a high stall 7m tc and my built 7m a340e will let me keep my shaftmaster aluminum DS and get me more rwhp but it hasn't been cheap or easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts