Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with their torque converter? If not, I'll just get a PI.

Thanks,
Long

W

·
0 Posts
supratt320 said:
Does anybody have any experience with their torque converter? If not, I'll just get a PI.

Thanks,
Long
I don't have any experiences with that TC, but I'm curious if you have any experience with any other TC such as PI or PHR Etc..

Wayne

S

·
0 Posts
supratt320 said:

Thanks,
Long
I have no experience with phoenixhardparts.

However, PI is a great company to deal with and are very customer service oriented. They have a new updated converter coming out in a few weeks for ours cars. Their customer service fabulous to the tune of changing your stall once for free, and upgrading those with the original design to the updated one for a nominal fee.

You won't find better customer service.

K

·
0 Posts
Hello,
We build 10-15 3200-3800 Stall Converters a month for MKIV Supra's. We have NEVER HAD a torque converter come back as a warranty item. We have hundreds of VERY SATISFIED customers to back us up on this. Our price on the 3200-3800 Stall is $399.95 W\ exchange. We do an extensive amount of work on these converters. They come w\ a 6 month UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty. We hope to do business w\ you soon.
Thanks
Frank

K

·
0 Posts
Actually 8 in September, 11 in November. Hey Larry how are you liking those ROADMASTER Supra HP automatic transmissions??? How long does it take them to build one of your trannies??? Maybe in the future we can do some business. Give me a call sometime and we can chat, 1-800-399-5540. Remember we have units in stock, you do not have to have your customer send one to you first!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds fantastic. You ever have one of your converters used in drag strip use? Like a 3000RPM power brake, 10psi release?

I don't have a auto Supra, but might one day.

W

·
0 Posts
There may some good transmission/TC rebuilders out there, but are they good enough to guaranty to handle 600+rwhp Supra like a 6sp tranny? and the TC that will not slip under high boost?
I need that TC now.

Wayne

P

·
0 Posts
I have a 3200-3800 stall in my BPU Supra. All I can say is that it is PERFECT for daily driving. It handles brake torque off the line. It never slips, and I recommend Phoenix Hard Parts to anyone in the market for a high stall converter

W

·
0 Posts
PictureMeRollin said:
I have a 3200-3800 stall in my BPU Supra. All I can say is that it is PERFECT for daily driving. It handles brake torque off the line. It never slips, and I recommend Phoenix Hard Parts to anyone in the market for a high stall converter
I belive most of those upgraded tranny/TC can handle BPU hp out put. What I'm concern about is whether those Tranny/TC able to handle big hp out put of single turbo. I'm asking this b/c I have supposed built tranny/TC by a better known supplier and it failed within very short time.

Wayne

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yo,
do you guys have converters for the 3rd Rx7??
if you do..t78 single..fmic..automatic tranny...
would it help?
TIA!!

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
koopdaddy said:
Hello,
We build 10-15 3200-3800 Stall Converters a month for MKIV Supra's. We have NEVER HAD a torque converter come back as a warranty item.
If you sell 10-15 a month then how come you can't get my order for one right the first time? I was just sent the wrong converter for a second time! I am getting a nice collection of PHP converters in my garage.

Remember Supra owners, you get what you pay for.

Pardon my vent.

·
Registered
40 Posts
the worst tranny with the worse service

i bought a stage III tranny from them and a 3400 stall tc. Awesome service up to now. 1st thing the stall i got only went to the factory stall which is 2200. Rather then fixing the problem they made me look like a liar and had very bad and unprofessional tone of voice. 2nd the tranny went out in 2 weeks. I didnt even boost past 21 psi on a t78 grdy. I shipped it to them and after much cursing and helling my tranny got fixed. The turnaround for my warrenty was about 8 weeks (est). 1 month of driving it, it went out again. This time i got no phone call back from any phx hard tranny reps. My car has been down for 6 months. i am saving up for a bl tranny. the owner after talking me into buying the tranny has never returned my calls or answered my warranty question. i spent 2500 plus tc from them and it all went done the drain. if you buy a sp or a bl you know larry or kean wont fuck you. i have bought parts from every place in the supra community and i think phx hardpart is down there with level 10 on customer service and overall help with products.

They sell a product that doest work. the stage 3 is good for 650 + but mine has not lasted past 550 rwhp. i have meet couple of people from dallas area (green supra from alamo) have had similar problems with this company. most people i have talk to would rather go with another tranny than deal with their bullshit.

Sorry i am pissed i lost almost 3 gs on this stupid company

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Why was this thread ressurected after so long?

Anyway, for those who get this thread in a search I would just like to let people know that Pheonix had stopped selling their converters because they were all breaking. It turns out that "Supras just make too much power". I hope that PHP is not selling Supra converters again because they admitted to me that all of their Supra converters were breaking.

·
Kwan Jul Sul Freak
928 Posts
All I know is I order a Pro Torque on Monday AM first thing.

If I go another week without driving my Supe' I am gonna lose it. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts