Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you BPU guys post your torque numbers for comparison and also list what +'s you have and what gear the pull was in..This is just out of curiousity.
Also why does everybody want to talk RWHP numbers when the torque numbers are the important ones?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to post mine I got 473.5 ft/lbs torque on a 5th gear pull and my + is adjustable cam gears.

Jeff

·
462 Posts
Are you sure your gears are set at +4 and -1...or do you mean -4 exhaust side and +1 intake side.

If you mean what you've posted, then there's a bunch of people running around with F'd up cam gear settings.

Just wondering?

Also, nice TQ number! Mine is low since you cannot punch it until 4200 in 3rd gear (automatic)...which is past the TQ spike. What RPM is your MAX TQ and MAX RWHP reading at?

Thanks!

463supra said:
I forgot to post mine I got 473.5 ft/lbs torque on a 5th gear pull and my + is adjustable cam gears.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
spool, You were right. It was a typo on my part and I just changed my profile:D

Jeff

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Horsepower is a function of torque. The horsepower curve over the car's gearing range is what determines acceleration, torque is meaningless in that sense.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Grant, what do you mean? I know torque is what gets the car going and Hp doesnt come into play until you are already up to speed. I also know most race teams don't care about the HP rather they are much more interested in TORQUE... I may be wrong and I am trying to learn..any input would be appreciated.

Jeff

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
463supra said:
Grant, what do you mean? I know torque is what gets the car going and Hp doesnt come into play until you are already up to speed. I also know most race teams don't care about the HP rather they are much more interested in TORQUE... I may be wrong and I am trying to learn..any input would be appreciated.

Jeff
Jeff, no offense as I like (and appreciate) your attitude... but you're wrong. Torque doesn't mean shit once the first 60 feet are over. Horsepower to weight is *IT* when it comes to accelerating the car.

Read up..

http://www.boostaholic.com/hptq.html

Regards,
Andi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts