Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear everyone,

After reading countless articles on these forums my dad and I took it upon ourselves to change my head gasket in my 90 supra turbo. For not knowing anything about cars we did a fairly good job but im having trouble with reassembling the turbo... the banjo bot from the oil pipe is next to impossible to get to with washer behind it... if you have any tips on that let me know cause there has to be a trick. Now onto torque specs i have read multiple ariticles on torqueing the head. I replace the gasket with one from the toyota dealership and new head bolts from the toyota dealership. my question is the chiltons manuel says 56-61 ft lbs of torque, we did it to 57.5 is that enough or can the bolts hold more? i just dont' want to blow another after all that work because i messed up on the torque ammount.

thanks.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
The suggested torque is 72 ft/lb with ARP head bolts, but I think that has been suggested if using new oem gasket and bolts too.
Cygnusx1 techtip Head Retorque

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So with stock bolts i should go against the manual and torque them to 72 ft/lb ? if this is definite i will do go back and torque them up to 72 from 56 today.

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did 75ft/lbs on stock studs and bolts with stock HG, and many have torqued more. Go back and torque em down to 70-75ft/lbs and to it in sequence (since your 56 already, do 65, then go back and do the final torque of 70-75).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts