Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to make an announcement to keep everyone up to date on how we're handling our tuning trips now. With spring arriving, there's been a significant increase in demand for our on-site tuning services...so we've had to make some changes to keep up. Most of these are internal changes, but the one that I'd like to tell you about is a change in who tunes where.

For the foreseeable future, I'm almost exclusively handling our European tuning trips now while John Reed focuses on our domestic trips in additional to all other international areas. I'll be in Europe 1 out of every 3 weeks now so it should be a lot cheaper for European guys to have me tune their cars. Since I'll already be there, travel time will be greatly reduced and we can do 2 day tuning trips rather than 4 day trips :)

Jeff San Juan is now our third tuner and he'll be tuning the majority of cars that come to our shop in Portland. This breakdown seems to be working out pretty well so we can ensure that everyone who needs tuning gets tuning :) Just an FYI!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Sean,

Will you still tune cars at your shop by request? I really want my car to tune by you since I've heard so many good things about you.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
97rsptt6sp said:
Hey Sean,

Will you still tune cars at your shop by request? I really want my car to tune by you since I've heard so many good things about you.
Yes, of course I will. As long as I'm in town when the car needs tuning :) The whole point of us creating this new remote tuning setup is to help our customer service. It would be counter productive if it actually hurt it :) The reason that we have 3 certified AEM tuners on staff now is to be able to make sure we are able to tune any car, anywhere, any time. If anyone has specific requests for who tunes their car, we'll do our best to make it happen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sean McElderry said:
Yes, of course I will. As long as I'm in town when the car needs tuning :) The whole point of us creating this new remote tuning setup is to help our customer service. It would be counter productive if it actually hurt it :) The reason that we have 3 certified AEM tuners on staff now is to be able to make sure we are able to tune any car, anywhere, any time. If anyone has specific requests for who tunes their car, we'll do our best to make it happen.
Actually my car is at torquefreaks right now getting the head/fuel done. I've also purchased the aem ems through you guys. I am not sure when the car is done and if you're available at that time. Hopefully it will work out. :hail:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
97rsptt6sp said:
Actually my car is at torquefreaks right now getting the head/fuel done. I've also purchased the aem ems through you guys. I am not sure when the car is done and if you're available at that time. Hopefully it will work out. :hail:
I just saw your car in the shop - RSP is one of my favorite colors. If I'm here, I'll definitely tune your car. We'll be in touch!

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
Sean McElderry said:
I just saw your car in the shop - RSP is one of my favorite colors. If I'm here, I'll definitely tune your car. We'll be in touch!
His other favorite colors are White, Black,Green, Anthracite, Silver, Quick Silver and RED. :biggrin:

·
Registered
678 Posts
kaosv1 said:
His other favorite colors are White, Black,Green, Anthrasite, Silver, Quick Silver and RED. :biggrin:
Which green? :lol:

·
4,109 Posts
Everyone knows Imperial Jade Mica is the only green that matters:) It's even rarer than QS;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kaosv1 said:
His other favorite colors are White, Black,Green, Anthracite, Silver, Quick Silver and RED. :biggrin:
But of course! :)

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
congrats sean on your continous success with the growing of torquefreaks! must be pretty nice to be able to travel to europe every 3 weeks as well!?

sean is definetly one of the coolest dudes, as well as one of the best tuners around period!

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
cowboy bebop said:
Bring Amber to Germany with you when you go. :)

Eric

btw...how 'bout some pics so we know who we're talking to when we call :bigthumb:
-jt

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sean how to tune my car without DYNO? It is a problem to find some dyno for whole day, and another story is power that can the DYNO handle. Do you see some solution?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Veta said:
Sean how to tune my car without DYNO? It is a problem to find some dyno for whole day, and another story is power that can the DYNO handle. Do you see some solution?
Actually, 90-100% of the tune is done on the street or track. We can do the last 10% on the dyno to get some numbers if you'd like, but almost every car I've done in Europe has been tuned entirely on the street, not on the dyno. This is the best way to make sure the car's drivability is perfect because you can put the car through all of its transition points where normally you'd get hiccups or dead spots. If you have any specific questions about how the tune is done, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Take care!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sleeknsilver said:
congrats sean on your continous success with the growing of torquefreaks! must be pretty nice to be able to travel to europe every 3 weeks as well!?

sean is definetly one of the coolest dudes, as well as one of the best tuners around period!
I'm actually flying back from Europe right now - Lufthansa's new FlyNet internet access is pretty awesome - I'm approaching Greenland airspace as I type this :) Thank you for the kind words. How's your car coming along, anyhow?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts