Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K so idk is im just unlucky or if my 7m is just messed to the max! like i baby this thing sooo much cuz i still cant seem to fix my knock sensor problem, so today i was gonna try retiming it and desided to check engine cods and it gave me of course 52 but then 21 and 34.... like my car back fires but idk how my o2 heater courld be gone? how do i fix that? and excuse the language but what the fuck does turbo preasure signal mean!?!?! like idk i need some serious help plz im getting so fed up with this swap, almost ready to drive it into a slew and claim it as stolen

·
Member *****Supra's
1,069 Posts
How new is your o2? And turbo pressure signal usually pops up when you hit fuel cut. And the pressure signal unit could be going bad

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i unplugged the efi fuse and all but my knock sensor code went away.... but only at like 2000rpm does the engine light turn on while driving and only at like 6000rpm does it turn on while idling and reving it.... im so lost and ready to burn this thing to the ground

·
Member *****Supra's
1,069 Posts
so the other codes went away other than the knock sensor 52? what do you mean by cant seam to fix the sensor problem have you rewired both sensors?

·
Registered
998 Posts
knock senor rewire mod???

·
Member *****Supra's
1,069 Posts
Yes because our ad in mk'3s seem to short our knock sensor wire or wires. So to make like easy you just solder the knock sensor on new wire and run it back to the ecu.

Works Everytime ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for real i dont gotta ground shit? like i really wanna do this just i do not know what kinda wire to use?!?!? and whens fuel cut :S cuz i retimed the car last night and before i could squak the tires it first now i just spin all the way threw first half way threw 2nd and going into 3rd.... idk if i did something wrong or what... plus my boost gauge is reading 10psi steady and all i got is full 3" all the way back and 2.5" metal ic pipes and bigger front mount with a non resirculating bov and kn cold air.... so idk.... and after boosting idle satays at like 1100 for like 10 mins....

·
Registered
998 Posts
well 3'' exhaust and the nicer IC piping free up the turbo thus more boost thus more power. Seems like your timing was off before because now you are making more.

And i think if you just use 14 gauge or 12 for the knock sensors and wrap it up in some heat shield that you'll be fine

·
Frozen Lake Driver
1,295 Posts
There's your problem, recirculate your BOV. Your AFM is reading all that air coming into the engine that the engine will never see because it's being just blown right back out your BOV.
Rewire your knock sensors and get a new turbo pressure sensor and it seems all should be good.

·
Just some newb.
1,327 Posts
well 3'' exhaust and the nicer IC piping free up the turbo thus more boost thus more power. Seems like your timing was off before because now you are making more.

And i think if you just use 14 gauge or 12 for the knock sensors and wrap it up in some heat shield that you'll be fine
No.

Go to radioshack and buy a 20ft microphone cable and cut the ends off and use that as it is nice flexible shielded wire, otherwise you get interference and you will have issues again.

·
7M Fanatic
3,273 Posts
ok... so i need a resirculated bov? is there anyway to make it so i dont need to resirculate it? and its got a jdm ecu if that makes any difference... usdm engine jdm ecu....
Electronicly with either an HKS EIDS, or an Apex-i S-AFC.
They both are for modifing the AFM signal during decelleration, so that the ECU doesn't try to deliver fuel for all the air dumping out the BOV.
The HKS EIDS only does this job.
The S-AFC does so much more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Electronicly with either an HKS EIDS, or an Apex-i S-AFC.
They both are for modifing the AFM signal during decelleration, so that the ECU doesn't try to deliver fuel for all the air dumping out the BOV.
The HKS EIDS only does this job.
The S-AFC does so much more.
alright sweet up how much one of those gonna run me

·
Registered
15 Posts
For one don't baby the thing ....

For two its a 7m old playschool ....

For three how can any one help when you don't post mods , set up settings, that's like look for the crack head in a hoe house & help one of them ..

Keith::yum:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For one don't baby the thing ....

For two its a 7m old playschool ....

For three how can any one help when you don't post mods , set up settings, that's like look for the crack head in a hoe house & help one of them ..

Keith::yum:
atm definatly not babying it haha and its bone stock except the cold air, intercooler and piping kit, and the 3" exhaust....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts