Supra Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
So what did 50k give you in terms hp\TQ
A Sick fully built supra :) Thats reliable as fuck , and safe ! its not always about making 1500whp

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This gentleman speaks the truth. I am in the same boat LOL!
funny how fast it adds up when you use legit parts , i know you can buy ebay stuff that some people have had success with .... but im not down with rolling the dice myself .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Correct if iam wrong but ebay does sell name brand parts right or would they be any less of quality than that of manufacturer

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Correct if iam wrong but ebay does sell name brand parts right or would they be any less of quality than that of manufacturer
Im pretty sure you wont find hypertune , (Legit Bride japan seats) , Full-race , OS Geiken , Work Wheels ,etc..... on Ebay ... and if you do its someone selling something used not new from the manufacturer

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
eBay is an open marketplace for anyone to sell goods. They are not a manufacture or storefront. So sure, you might be able to find legitimate parts listed from reputable vendors. But eBay has primarily become known as a source for knock-off and off-brand parts. There is little guarantee that you are getting authentic products from anything listed on there.

Im pretty sure you wont find hypertune , (Legit Bride japan seats) , Full-race , OS Geiken , Work Wheels ,etc..... on Ebay ... and if you do its someone selling something used not new from the manufacturer
Bride seats are a prime example. There has been an influx of fake Bride seats on ebay. So much that I am skeptical of the authenticity of every set I see. A real set of reclining Bride Low Max Gias II's will cost you about $1,800 each (approx. $2,600 a pair). But if you search for Bride seats on ebay, you can find “Bride seats” (fake Bride seats) for $500-$1000 a PAIR.

A proper build will cost money. Go to one of the reputable vendors’ sites on here and add all the parts you want in a cart and that will give you a total figure in parts alone. You can also assume it will be more as there is ALWAYS something you are forgetting or an obstacle you did not anticipate. If you are having a reputable shop do the install properly the costs will keep getting higher depending on the amount of fab work, installing, troubleshooting, tuning is required. Along with this, these cars have aged. Nearly everything I have done to my Supra has cost me more than I anticipated because I feel that if I am going to do this right, I should address everything related when it’s time to do so. For example: I did a timing belt. Might as well replace the water pump… and the crank pulley… and do a billet belt tensioner. You get the idea.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for everyones input on my question i was really wanting to drop some cash on some new parts formy car i just needed to see some data on cost to power feedbacks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
eBay is an open marketplace for anyone to sell goods. They are not a manufacture or storefront. So sure, you might be able to find legitimate parts listed from reputable vendors. But eBay has primarily become known as a source for knock-off and off-brand parts. There is little guarantee that you are getting authentic products from anything listed on there.

Bride seats are a prime example. There has been an influx of fake Bride seats on ebay. So much that I am skeptical of the authenticity of every set I see. A real set of reclining Bride Low Max Gias II's will cost you about $1,800 each (approx. $2,600 a pair). But if you search for Bride seats on ebay, you can find “Bride seats” (fake Bride seats) for $500-$1000 a PAIR.

A proper build will cost money. Go to one of the reputable vendors’ sites on here and add all the parts you want in a cart and that will give you a total figure in parts alone. You can also assume it will be more as there is ALWAYS something you are forgetting or an obstacle you did not anticipate. If you are having a reputable shop do the install properly the costs will keep getting higher depending on the amount of fab work, installing, troubleshooting, tuning is required. Along with this, these cars have aged. Nearly everything I have done to my Supra has cost me more than I anticipated because I feel that if I am going to do this right, I should address everything related when it’s time to do so. For example: I did a timing belt. Might as well replace the water pump… and the crank pulley… and do a billet belt tensioner. You get the idea.
Couldnt agree more !!! my CF Bride Japan seats with Bride rails were $4800 new !!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Thanks for everyones input on my question i was really wanting to drop some cash on some new parts formy car i just needed to see some data on cost to power feedbacks
well do you want reliable power or cheap power lol .... there is no " exact price" anyone can realistically quote you ... whats your budget ? like for instance the head on my car with cams was nearly $7500.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well first things first and dare i not say the smog word but i have to get that bs tooken care, and somewhat staying on topic, i tore motor apart and need to see if my crank is not too far out of spec ,and some idiot had switch intake and exhaust caps before i bought car ( 92 7mge supra) so hopefully my camshafts are machineable, so pretty much i have my motor disassembled just got to take it to local machine shop, so im guessing around 3,000 dollars without a single aftermarket part maybe arp stud kit but that is prob it

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Well first things first and dare i not say the smog word but i have to get that bs tooken care, and somewhat staying on topic, i tore motor apart and need to see if my crank is not too far out of spec ,and some idiot had switch intake and exhaust caps before i bought car ( 92 7mge supra) so hopefully my camshafts are machineable, so pretty much i have my motor disassembled just got to take it to local machine shop, so im guessing around 3,000 dollars without a single aftermarket part maybe arp stud kit but that is prob it
ah that sucks ! best of luck my friend

·
SUPRAFICIAL
1,518 Posts
Lets see.

I bought my mkiv supra in 2007 for 11k ( NA ofcourse )

Spent 780 on my blitz nur spec

then built my own na-t conversion kit including clutch and standalone for around 4300.

Then got some knock off ce28n's 500

Then some basic coil overs 750

So roughly 17,330 dollars give or take. Im happy with the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I Stopped Counting After I Went Over My Budget...

·
Registered
25 Posts
enough money to enter into depression if I think about it...but I learned a lot and am still learning thanks to the awesome 2JZ/1JZ communities :).

21 - 37 of 37 Posts