Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I need to precede this by saying THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO. I did not create it, I don't know who this person is. Came up on my feed and I'm simply sharing for the better of the community. I for have been thinking about doing a Q45 headlight retrofit or paying someone to do it so I'm glad I found this.

However hopefully putting this on the forum, we can get some background info.
All I can say from the video is wow. Not sure if toxic or a representative still browses the forums.

Here is the link- (I can't remember how to embed, maybe a mod can do it for me).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fi0rVJgWks

Maybe it was a new worker, or he had something in both his eyes that day, or he was wearing new glasses. I dunno, but I'd be pretty upset if I paid $2115.00 for a headlight retrofit on a $900 set of headlights and got that...

Edit- Sorry this probably should have been in the parts reviews section. MY BAD DAWG!

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
Toxic Tails owes someone a refund AND new headlights! I would be after their shop or any assets they have!

·
Registered
792 Posts
My little sister could do a better job.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Damn...

What does their $2115 price include anyway? That seems extremely high to do a headlight resto and add some additional lighting...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn...

What does their $2115 price include anyway? That seems extremely high to do a headlight resto and add some additional lighting...
Says this in the video description-
1. Hi bean upgrade Q45 900 USD
2. Low Bean upgrade 440 USD
3. Paint black housing 200 USD
4. Ballasts relay and projectors 450 USD
5. Led Turn signal light 125 USD

·
966 Posts
Can't wait to watch this when I get home. I feel like I overpaid for the "quality" I received in my taillights - but when they're the only [known] game in town, they've kinda got you by the...

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
They are not the only ones... :)

Those lights look like they were made by someone who has no idea how to make stuff and watched a shitty youtube video on how to make stuff made by another guy that doesn't know how to make stuff.

Their primary tool in that upgrade looks to be about 7 pounds of JB Stick..lol

Stuff.

If you want low beam and fog light projector upgrades please contact myself or MkIIIHater and we will provide you with what you're looking for and no extra bullshit. We use actual CNC brackets that retain OEM functionality and install projectors that will bring your headlights up to present day light output. If you are looking for riced LED ringed lights then find someone on HID Junkies on facebook to take your money.

·
966 Posts
Matt: Do you know of anyone else that makes real carbon fiber taillight bezels?

Is Toxic even still around? I think some of the individual LEDs are burnt out in my rings. :fruit:

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Gotcha (did not read description). Even with those parts, this does seem high IMO. Taking them apart is tedious, but at that price; they had better be perfect.

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Real bezels no, I know toxic wrapped theirs from what I can tell.

You would need our resident carbon expert who makes the targas and seat deletes to chime in on that.

I want to play with vacuum formed carbon but like all things there is not enough time in the day to do everything I want.
Matt: Do you know of anyone else that makes real carbon fiber taillight bezels?

Is Toxic even still around? I think some of the individual LEDs are burnt out in my rings. :fruit:

·
Administrator
8,805 Posts
Pricing is high, those infiniti LOW beam projectors (being used for high beams) are about $400-500 a set. So hes charging 3-400 dollars for cutting the housing, shoving them in, and using JB Stick to epoxy them in and some black spray paint to "mask" the craftsmanship.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They are not the only ones... :)

Those lights look like they were made by someone who has no idea how to make stuff and watched a shitty youtube video on how to make stuff made by another guy that doesn't know how to make stuff.

Their primary tool in that upgrade looks to be about 7 pounds of JB Stick..lol

Stuff.

If you want low beam and fog light projector upgrades please contact myself or MkIIIHater and we will provide you with what you're looking for and no extra bullshit. We use actual CNC brackets that retain OEM functionality and install projectors that will bring your headlights up to present day light output. If you are looking for riced LED ringed lights then find someone on HID Junkies on facebook to take your money.
I don't want Halo rings, they look too ricey. I was just thinking about putting in a better oem hid on the lowbeam and I always found the supra high beam to be a bit dated looking in comparison to the rest of the car so I wanted to modernize that a bit somehow. I'm not in love with the q45 because it does have a lot going on but it certainly does make the headlights look more current.

I've got a friend of mine locally that does LED ring tail lights for RX7s he is a super super picky guy. I keep telling him that Supras are where the money is, he wants to get into it but says he needs a set to experiment with. I thought about doing mine but I don't really like the LED tail light rings. I like the oem 97+ the best.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts