Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By [email protected]

This was a car I shot early last year at the Saitama football stadium. Built by Infini this MZ21 Soarer packs some serious power, very serious in fact. 900 PS on the engine and 1200 PS with a bit of nitrous! Which explains the size of the rear tyres!

All that power comes thanks to a 2JZ-GTE swap, running JUN-Cosworth pistons, HKS connecting rods and a stock, balanced crankshaft. A big HKS T51-R turbine was chosen to meet the 900 PS goal. As you can probably imagine a lot of fuel is needed to keep this engine happy so a twin rail set-up was made up, the first running 450cc injectors the second 720cc items. If that wasn't enough Infini fitted two nitrous foggers which are used only for serious drag races. The two tanks for the gas are in the boot. You can also see the ballast weights on the sides.

The interior has been stripped out and runs all the necessary gadgets to keep the engine happy. Gearbox lever actuates the cogs on the Hollinger sequential while the OS Giken quad plate clutch juggles the immense 120 kgm plus of torque.

Soarer/Ferrari Steering wheel ;)

And in case you are wondering, yes, this Soarer is sporting a full custom wide-body. No cheap FRP panels here, it's all metal and hand shaped by the owners trusted bodyshop! Quite a car to say the least!

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
That is ONE awsome Soarer! I love those early MZ's

Wish you had a video though.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
That is ONE awsome Soarer! I love those early MZ's

Wish you had a video though.
dot.

That is one car that should have made it to America.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Amazing

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
That car is a patchwork. What an ugly front end.

I'll never understand things like blue hoses, red pipes, and pink rad stays in a mismatched engine bay like that.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
That car is a patchwork. What an ugly front end.

I'll never understand things like blue hoses, red pipes, and pink rad stays in a mismatched engine bay like that.
Trashtalk.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION.

Its the epitomy of "JDM" style. I appreciate the random colours, more-so the fact that they serve a purpose, which is easier to see different hoses and wires and so fourth when needing to do a quick service in the pits.

·
Reppin' da 902
145 Posts
I remember reading a feature in a car mag I had a while back(can't remember which one) that if you look at the car there are stickers of a cartoon character all over it apparently the person who owns this car built it from winning's he got from a pachinko machine.
you can see it here by the shifter, just thought it was kinda an interesting piece of info on it.

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION.

Its the epitomy of "JDM" style. I appreciate the random colours, more-so the fact that they serve a purpose, which is easier to see different hoses and wires and so fourth when needing to do a quick service in the pits.
Is it that hard to understand that the engine bay looks sloppy at best? there is a non polished Tb between a polished manifold and pipe, there is steel braded lines covered with wire loom, there is coolant lines all over the engine bay. and for a car not running A/C that engine should have half of the stuff in it, the truck and inside look flawless engine bay doesnt say anything other than blah

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION.

Since when does JDM style = hacked together? Sorry dude, but it's "parts bin" style, where you use whatever you have rather than putting together a cohesive whole.

Form follows function, yep. Does that mean that Ford should release a car that has 37 different colors of vacuum tubing in the engine bay?

Your arguments make no sense. If you like cars that look like a patchwork quilt then by all means -- create one. I prefer something that is both functional and nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ive been in Japan for about 8 years total, all in okinawa. alot of times, you cant make sense as to why they do the things they do, so this is truely JDM style. i totally agree with ur statement that i prefer function and that it look nice, but thats not always the JDM way.

·
Super Moderator
10,382 Posts
Jesus... 2JZ swapped MZ20 with a HOLINGER?!?!?!?!

yes please, even with the wacky mess of an engine bay. That car is sick!

·
Nobody
602 Posts
i believe it was in modified mag several years ago...

very fast car with a neat story behind it

·
Registered
18 Posts
jeez...i'd love to get my hands on that and drive it, i'd probably end up messing myself up bad then, or probably worse, but with a big-ass grin on my face-lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts