Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT FEBRUARY 9th, 2010

I have a small handful of these just came in stock.

Due to the bad Dollar to Yen rate, these do cost more than the last batch. Cost is $975 + shipping from MVP to you (few dollars).

These are the 98 Style C.F. genuine OEM wheels from Japan. They do not include an air bag. You will need a 98 airbag to fit. They cost $562.63, retail of $721.25.

Better pics than I took can be found below on this page. :)

Thanks,

Dusty

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
Do you sell the airbags as well, or would we have to go through Curt or Fyrarms?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you sell the airbags as well, or would we have to go through Curt or Fyrarms?

I'm buying them from Curt and selling them for the same price he does. That way if you buy them from me, you are still doing business with him too.

I can just ship them together, save you a little time and shipping money.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I don't think anyone even sells the airbag for the TRD wheel separately anymore (doubt it bolts onto this wheel either). Only way you are going to get TRD on there is to stick some plastic piece over the factory vinyl airbag.

Alex

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i know this is for the CF wheel but can you get the TRD wheels still?

im looking for the blue/black one.

I'm still trying to find any. I have had no success in Japan in a year with this.

Any I find I'll buy immediately and post for sale upon receiving them here.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
i have a 98 so i have the airbag already, will this carbon fiber wheel work with the cruise control? would i need an airbag adaptor or will it plug right in?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a 98 so i have the airbag already, will this carbon fiber wheel work with the cruise control? would i need an airbag adaptor or will it plug right in?

Should work fine with the cruise, but I can't verify if its a bolt-in on the cruise control until I have these here. Airbag adapter is not needed.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Aiding and Abedding
141 Posts
The dollar is up a lot against the Yen from when you first posted a price. Will this reflect on the current price of the wheels? If so, how much are they right now?

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dollar is up a lot against the Yen from when you first posted a price. Will this reflect on the current price of the wheels? If so, how much are they right now?

Its up 5%. Unfortunately I already paid for them at the older price, so I guess you could say I overpaid by 5%. *Shrug* Happens all the time both directions.

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
could you put the TRD middle piece in instead of that plain plastic looking one
If you compare the two side by side, you will notice that the style/look is very different where it meets the wheel, especially at the 3 and 9 oclock position. IMO, it wouldn't look good.

Hi Dusty,

Considering I have a 93.5 Supra, will this CF wheel work w/o any modification to the wheel itself or my Supra? Is an airbag adapter needed for the 93.5's to 96's, or is that only for TRD steering wheel airbags? Any cruise control issues for the early year Supras??

Thanks.:) James

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Dusty,

Considering I have a 93.5 Supra, will this CF wheel work w/o any modification to the wheel itself or my Supra? Is an airbag adapter needed for the 93.5's to 96's, or is that only for TRD steering wheel airbags? Any cruise control issues for the early year Supras??

Hi James,

I'm being told its a direclt bolt-on. Unfortunately until they are in my hands I can't 100% confirm this myself. I will try it on my GF's 1993.5. That should tell me for sure.

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you compare the two side by side, you will notice that the style/look is very different where it meets the wheel, especially at the 3 and 9 oclock position. IMO, it wouldn't look good.

Hi Dusty,

No modification is required to fit the CF wheel on older 93.5-96 Supras ( I have one fitted on my -94 Euro-Spec Supra). You will need the airbag adapter to get the airbag to work. Also the -98 cruise control was a plug and play for my car, but some cars seem to have issues if you don´t change the resistor in them (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466651)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts