Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2JZ-GE Toyota Crown

I am about to acquire a JZS155 1996 Toyota Crown Super Saloon to convert in a fast sedan.
They weren't exported to the US.

It's got a 2jz-ge and 4 speed auto.

I want to fix it up with lowering springs / shocks.

I can't find performance parts for them online. The few I found were all in Japanese.

Can anyone steer me into the right direction? Hopefully there's somebody here who knows about them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
yeah pics would be nice

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some updates

I did some homework. Wheels have to be 45mm + offsets and no more than 8 inches wide.

The turbokit won't be difficult. i will custom make one, the same for the downpipe and exhaust.

The only thing that i would have to order from japan will be the lowering springs.

I'll post some pix soon

G

·
0 Posts
My friend have a MS131 and he swaping to 2JZ-GTE. I show you the pic next week. I know that the swap was very simple since all attachment point were the same.

However, the oil pan have to be swap since Crown have front oil sump while 2JZ-GTE have mid sump.

1UZ-FE will not be able to give you high perfromance as 2JZ-GTE will. I have LS400 and I feel that 1UZ is to much of the old man engine.

·
Professional Troll
586 Posts
Looks to me like a middle-east specification crown, this chassis does not have a lot to do with the celsior (if anything at all, mechanically), its actually closer to the aristo (gs300) than anything else.
you can get the air suspension of the 130 series crown (really cheap around here, whole car with 1UZ goes for about $1500), but you'll have to implement the electronics somehow with your car. The 130's air suspension is adjustable between 3 heights using buttons on the gear shift column. replacement parts for that suspension are horribly priced I might add.
BTW where are you located?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I am from Aruba. Dutch Caribbean.

I don't think this version shares the chassis with the celsior/ls400. They look a little different in certain areas.

The Crown is a General Spec Toyota. It's got the basic JDM options with the LHD. All other items are optional when you order the car.
But as Mazinger said, it might well as be Middle-east version.

This Crown doesn't have ABS, trac control nor MAF sensor. It has a Map sensor and what seems to be an N/A supra automatic. I have yet to put it on a lift to see the transmission code.
It has the identical 2JZ setup as the other NA gen spec Supras on the island

I know, replacement parts are expensive. Worse is that the partnumbers don't match up with part numbers in the US Toyota parts database. I have to special order everything from Japan.
The bushings and tie-rod ends were replaced last month, and this thing drives nice, with some nice low end torque.
I might get it to the track tomorrow just for fun.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
How much are they raping you for parts from Japan? I know some countries really gouge the OEM parts prices. For instance, there is a speedometer gear for my bike that costs about $37 here. A guy in Sweden was quoted $130 for the same part. He sent me $60 to buy the part and mail it to him.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Denroll.
Sometimes up to 50-300% markup compared to prices in the US.
I used the Supra parts as a reference. Everything on the Supra comes from the US.

·
Professional Troll
586 Posts
kaneda said:
chasers have always come with 1JZ-GTEs, from the JZX80 series to the current model JZX110.
I've seen 80 series Chasers with 1JZ-GE's, autos.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts