Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can find are the key blanks with the Ilco logo on them.
Is their an actual blank that has the toyota logo like the newer cars? Or is their a way to make one work?

And isnt their a newer design I believe? With a larger, more rounder logo or something like that?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts

wEre you talking aBout these? you cAn find these on the site You can't mention.

you can also find ^ these there as well.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
wrong blanks...

very rarely they will pop up on that site, if only I could find the source for em and get them to make them in our format...

would be nice if it said SUPRA on it or it had the old toyota logo...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Why not just order one of the original keys for the Supra from Toyota?

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya on that site to be unmentioned, their for mk4 supras or camry's/celica's and such. Couldnt find blanks that said they would work for a MKIII

And nah wasnt talking about those ugly shiny ones either. I want the black one. Either way though I cant find one for out particualar car except the Illco blanks.

Why not just order one of the original keys for the Supra from Toyota?
Cause the newer toyota keys look cooler?
I dont actually need a new key, I just want a nicer looking one for the supra... and for my celica also in fact.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I guess...........

I like the original keys, they're about as nice as the newer Toyota keys IMO. Both have the black plastic, and the older ones aren't quite as big I don't think.

Either way, good luck in the search.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I got a new key, its the old style though, special ordered. It is black plastic, thin, and it says TOYOTA on it, no symbol, as it wasnt around then.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
they did have an emblem back then...

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Speaking of keys. Has anyone ever been able to source a key blank where the head of the key is the same red-thatched look as the nose emblem of the pre-91's?

I saw one on yahoo japan a while ago, and would love to find a blank.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
they did have an emblem back then...

Toyota's had 3 main emblems over the years, that is one of them.

On the other hand, Toyota did not use a single one of them in any prominent way on the pre-91 MK3, as such, it seems fitting that you stick with the lack of emblem.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
oooo, what's the third emblem? never knew they had a third one...

yeah, I noticed they didn't use there emblem on the supra, it had it's own emblem really. I'm with hawkeye, a key that looked like the hood emblem would rock...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Old logo. Still used on various Toyota parts, even in their modern cars.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think the shiny keys TaSe posted from the site that is not to be mentioned look freakin awesome.
I would love to get a pair for my POS Supra.
they remind me of swords :p

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
ahhh...

also the family name is toyoda (which is still found on some parts), but they chnaged it to toytoa because it amount of brush strokes was a lucky number when writing is a kanji...

Jeff: was that symbol ever used in the US market? I mean on the actual cars, not on parts...

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
I think it was used on stuff like the shift knob maybe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts