Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Toyota F1 3rd in Friday Practice at Brazil! NOW WITH QUAL. SPOILER!

Allan McNish, a rookie, was 3rd quickest in practice at Brazil. Pretty impressive even with a points contending driver at Malaysia. I know its only friday practice, but it a real good sign.
Good Luck Tomorrow,
GO TOYOTA!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great news!!!!
Go McNish and Salo!!!!

=)

take care,
nils

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update but I'd really appreciate it if you did not put the race result in the title of your post and put a spoiler warning. Some people might not be able to watch the race live and would like to find out the result by themselves..

Go Toyota!!

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
This is SOOOOOO amazing! Not only because Toyota was mixing it up with the really big dogs, but because it was McNish's first time EVER driving at Interlagos! He said that the track is much tighter and has much more elevation changes than you'd see on TV! That is so cool! Go Toyota! :eek: :D :D :eek:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUALIFYING SPOILER

Beware Qualifying Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not a bad run for the Toyotas. Salo is 10th and McNish is 16th. Not bad, at least one of them still beat Honda and Jaguar (it's not a great thing but pretty good for their first season).

They started similarly last race and both looked to have a points paying position.

Good Luck tomorrow!
GO TOYOTA!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Toyota is showing Jag, BAR, and others the right way to roll out a new team and new car. Be humble, work hard, shut your yap on bragging, and let the results speak for you. I was very skeptical off Toyota breaking away from the conventional norm of being based out of England (big pool of talent)and instead being based out of Germany with mostly people of rally experience. Salo getting points again last Sunday and McNish being third in practice the other day was awesome.
Barry H.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Make that EXTREMELY impressive! It is very rare to see a team come from out of nowhere to be a contender in F1. :cool: If only that GT1 project hadn't been dropped.

I know Toyota could make a competitve GT2 Supra even though the MKIV is no longer produced. Too bad the rulemakers would probably handicap the boost to keep it from being too fast. That kind of competition really improves the breed. Instead, all the Supra owners out there have been the R&D for the Supra. It's come a long way from the 320 HP sports car it started as! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts