Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what makes the FIPG so much better than anything else.....I have a few different kind of silicon high temp sealants nd I want to know why I should not use those instead including some high temp silicon sealant that we use on our aircraft engines....let me know cuase i would relaly like to knock most of this out tonight and tomorrwo!!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
if you are comparing it to the black RTV that you buy at the auto parts store....it is NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! The black RTV at the auto store is crap. If you buy anything from the auto store, buy the GREY!!!! The grey is the same stuff as the ORANGE FIPG. Not quite as good as the black, but pretty darn close.

I don't buy anything but grey RTV, or black FIPG.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
if you are comparing it to the black RTV that you buy at the auto parts store....it is NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! The black RTV at the auto store is crap. If you buy anything from the auto store, buy the GREY!!!! The grey is the same stuff as the ORANGE FIPG. Not quite as good as the black, but pretty darn close.

I don't buy anything but grey RTV, or black FIPG.
Ive never, ever had a problem with the black RTV sealing up things like oil pans or diff covers. That is what its made for after all. You can argue that all day long for all I care, it works for me.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Seriously, look on the back of the grey RTV. It is the SAME part number as the toyota orange FIPG.

Also, do a test for me. Seal up something with black RTV, and then seal up seomthing else with black FIPG. You will notice a BIG difference.

You should see full steel oil pans after I am done taking them off. I have to spend 5 minutes or so fixing it from trying to seperate it from the block. I tried black RTV once....and that was the LAST time I ever purchased that, IT SUCKS in comparison. The grey stuff is also the same stuff Nissan uses to seal thier engines.

Oh, and don't take my word for it....try it yourself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts