Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Our local dealer just got a light blue one in, and lives up the street, so I see it often. I like it because it's different, and definitely stands out on the street.

·
259 Posts
I was at Toyota today and took a look at the yellow one they had. Not a bad looking car. I actually prefer it to the new 4Runner.

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
I wrote this in a thread awhile back....too lazy to write anything new. Driven a few since then and enjoyed it more everytime!

FJ landed at the dealer yesterday.....I took it for a quick spin and it is just too cool.

Anywhere I parked it drew a crowd within minutes; nothing but positive attention. Most of the all-new models Toyota has put out since the late 90's have been love it/hate....Echo, Yaris, Matrix, etc. This one doesn't seem to follow that path.....everyone I showed it to loved it, even if they had no idea what it was.

Suspension and ride wise, it's a cross between a 4Runner's ride and a Tacoma's ride.....which is a great thing. Definetly more solid than any "car-like" ride, but well damped and not bouncy or jittery at all. I prefer this type of ride to, say, a Camry-esq on-road ride.....but I'm a truck guy, so YMMV. Power is strong and torquey, althought the 6-speed still needs lower gearing. Steering feels nice and light and the driving position is spot-on (better than a 4R). Piles of headroom....tons.

Vision to the front and sides is awesome, because of the tiny a-pillars set way back. Blind spots look bad initially, but once you're in it, they're easy to adapt to. Plus you'll run over whatever you hit anyways. I drove a full-load C-pack....the stock stereo was killer. The triple gauge cluster with the clinometer is neat, and the flat dash and oversize controls make you feel like billy badass offroader, even if you're more of a johnny pavement pounder

It looks huge parked next to almost anything and will make anything short of an H1 or a lifted 1-ton look mundane and wussy. All the features are bugged out up close....the massive roof rack, marker lights, rear mount spare.....everything sticks out! They wussed out on the rubber afterall though....so make sure to swap for five 32" BFG A/T's before it even leaves the lot......seriously

·
Super Moderator
10,498 Posts
If I already hadn't purchased an '06 4Runner Limited V8, I would be sorely tempted to buy this truck. I think it's the coolest vehicle Toyota makes.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
It's the coolest vehicule Toyota made in 10 years!! I drove it last week and just had a BLAST doing so. It really is a great truck. I felt so frustrated to be so poor, I wanted to buy it right away.

-Olivier

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Olivier Caza said:
It's the coolest vehicule Toyota made in 10 years!! I drove it last week and just had a BLAST doing so. It really is a great truck. I felt so frustrated to be so poor, I wanted to buy it right away.

-Olivier
Lease it! hehe....hopefully the rates come down first tho; standard's are a little too much to take.

I definetly want one once I sell the Tacoma I just bought in the summer :gapteeth:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Ouch, I just built one, 4x4 V6 manual tranny, with all the off road goodies and it came to $29k.

A bit steep, and when a dealer gets it, expect them to add about $2-$3k on top of that for "market value" or what ever bullshit they like to say at dealerships these days.

John

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Northof49 said:
Lease it! hehe....hopefully the rates come down first tho; standard's are a little too much to take.

I definetly want one once I sell the Tacoma I just bought in the summer :gapteeth:
Yeah, the rates are just stupid right now. I still have a year of university left and I'm paying for everything, so the cars are really in the backburner for me right now.

I'll likely pick up a used one in 3 years or so. :)

-Olivier

·
Registered
55 Posts
My sister and brother-in law just purchased one - it will be here next week. Looks like apretty cool car. Will provide driving impressions and pics when I have the chance.

·
greedy capitalist
722 Posts
4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve SFI VVT-i V6
239 hp @ 5200 rpm;
278 lb.-ft. @ 3700 rpm

Curb weight (lb.)
2WD: 4050
4WD manual: 4290
4WD automatic: 4295

Mileage Estimates (mpg city/highway)
2WD: 18/22
4WD manual: 16/19
4WD automatic: 17/21

·
Acolyte of Dienekes
2,458 Posts
Thing is bad, considering it as a possible future daily driver. Had a lifted 4x4 tacoma before and it was an awesome truck, this looks like even more fun. All the reviews I have read about it have been great.

Anyone know how much that one is lifted and the tires sizes on it? 32"? 34"?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If they made a hybrid version that got 35mpg city I'd have one in my garage right now.

·
American Muscle?
338 Posts
you're saying expect 2-3k markup, we are marking up 5k , another local dealer is adding
7-8k to sticker, no problems selling them either.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts