Supra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
look at the new LFA design.... if anything that will be the new supra platform... they just launched it at the detroit auto show

·
Supras Invade Las Vegas
2,385 Posts
Saw this on the big idea or some show on one of the cable news channels last night. WOW! 400hp and 0-60 in ~4seconds and it is a hybrid? I would drive that in a heartbeat! As an added bonus the top slides back and down making a giant sunroof while still maintaining the integrity of the car.

I still love the exterior of the Volta but think the interior looks way too 70s.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, the car was featured on The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch on CNBC last night. The car looks much better live on TV than in pictures. The lead from Toyota's design center in California stated that Toyota does not build concept cars just to show off. There is a purpose behind their concept cars. He mentioned the FJ cruiser and Tundra concepts that came from their California design center and are now in showrooms. It took less than 3 years for each to make it to the showroom. Hopefully that's a clue for this sports car, whatever it is named.

·
Armed to the Teeth
243 Posts

This Lexus makes for a better Supra.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The LF-A is a Super car...the Supra never was. Talk about idea's above your station....

The other concept, the FT-HS, is right being a Supra, right size, right power. The LF-A is some thing new. And lets face it neither are "Supra's" anyway, but the FT-HS fits the same market segment as the MKIV in it's day.

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
I told yahh all, Nissans plan for a world wide GTR release would be reason they bring back the Supra or atleast a sports car.
if this FTHSFA2XGR thing is made, it looks like toyota will follow again, looks like they decided to use the gtr design as a benchmark for this design.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
I'm already saving and I'm not joking.

·
Recovering Supraholic
551 Posts
I saw the FT-HS and LF-A in person today, and let me tell you that I was not a fan of the front end design of the FT-HS before seeing it in person, it is actually kick ass car overall, the front bumper does not look akward like in the pics/photoshope.
The LF-A is awsome looking (it is an real supercar) looks $$$$ not like Viper or Vette C6Z06, don't get me wrong both are awsome cars but I've alway had issues with calling them Supercars, since the luxury/exotic factor is missing.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

add a wing, head and tail swap, and you got a supra. a silver wingless supra pic would do for a better comparison

81 - 100 of 144 Posts